QuoteSWEVEN - THE ETERNAL RESONANCE

When it was decided to put Morbus Chron to rest, I had begun working on what was originally supposed to be our third record. It has been a strenuous battle stretching from then to now. It is time to leave the trenches.

The Eternal Resonance is due to be released on March 20th by Ván Records. Cover artwork as always by the fantastic Raul Gonzalez. Track list as follows:

I. The Spark
II. By Virtue Of A Promise
III. Reduced To An Ember
IV. The Sole Importance
V. Mycelia
VI. Solemn Retreat
VII. Visceral Blight
VIII. Sanctum Sanctorum

More info to come.

/Robert on behalf of Sweven.

So yeah, not exactly sure what the story is with changing the name from Morbus Chron to Sweven (the name of their last album... is this a first in metal/music??), but since the album Sweven is an absolutely sublime masterpiece, I'll be all over this like a rash when it comes out!

Is it just yer man from Morbus Chron or has most of the band also moved into the name?

#3 February 20, 2020, 03:30:57 PM Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 03:37:51 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
"More info to come" is all we've got for the moment. No mention of personnel involved.

Edit: Sorry, this is the personnel - Isak Koskinen Rosemarin, Robert Andersson, Jesper Nyrelius, of which only Robert is a former MC member.

Looking solidly like the bastard love child of Michael Hutchence and the lad from Tears for Fears too is our Robert!

Did Johnathan Ross come up with the band name?

#5 February 20, 2020, 04:21:11 PM Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 05:28:42 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Is the album of that name something you don't know Peadair? You should really get on it if you don't!

Sweven the album is indeed pure brilliance. Had a listen relatively recently and remembered how good it was. Interested to see what becomes of this new project.

First full listen yesterday. Enjoying it, kind of what I expected - proggy, phased out metal that picks up where MC left off, but bar the vocals and one or two fast bits this has no real relation to death metal at all. Looking forward to digging deeper.
Chris I take it you've been all over this?

I've been expecting a delivery from Van since Wednesday so gonna hold out.

It's a quality piece of work to these ears, has a real warmth and depth to it.

listened over the weekend to this - Its kinda reminiscent of Chapel of Disease (but more relaxed) maybe at times... nods to early Opeth maybe? Quite odd to hear the harsh vocals with so much @clean@ music - its interesting for sure though....