Anvil have released a new album this month entitled Legal At Last and it in part celebrates the legalisation of Mary Jane in Canada. I heard the title song and Nabbed In Nebraska, both which I like. The artwork is great too. They show they don't give a fuck  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

https://images.app.goo.gl/j4LXMdsA8LW19cjq8
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

#1 February 15, 2020, 08:32:45 AM Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 11:30:46 AM by Eoin McLove
Fuck me, that has to be one of the worst album covers I've ever seen.  Then again,  Anvil are dogshite so it is a perfect fit.

Sorry now, that album cover is fucking quality  :laugh:.

It could only be worse if Snoop Dogg was in there giving the West Coast sign too. A spectacularly shite cover  :laugh:

This is why digital music exists.. so if you are actually a fan of this shite you don't have to suffer the added indignity of been seen buying this in public.

Hhmm it's kind of remarkable that cannabis is legal there now and in atleast three US states that I can think of you'd wonder if it's a trend that will only grow ?

Am I the only one who interperated this album title from a glam metal perspective as opposed to a stoner one, had to double take when I read it :laugh:

Quote from: Yolo Swaggins on February 20, 2020, 07:44:01 AM
Am I the only one who interperated this album title from a glam metal perspective as opposed to a stoner one, had to double take when I read it :laugh:

Glad it wasn't just me  :laugh:

If you take Anvil without the humour they inject you're missing the point. Have  a laugh yr miserable Metal Bastards  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's possible to inject humour and not be fucking shite, though. Humour shouldn't be used as a pass to justify these lads to being so bad. They found their natural level of audience prior to that documentary which, to be fair, is a great piece of work. Musically, though, they're not even mid-bill-at-Fibbers level.

Yeah,  the documentary is brilliant and the lads even seem like nice chaps,  but fuck me,  they are rubbish.  Middle of the road metal in every respect.  Crap vocals,  generic music and even the so-called humour is so spasticated they can't even be applauded for that.  Pure shite on every level. No idea why anyone who actually has a clue about what quality heavy metal sounds like would give them the time of day. 

Quote from: Goatlord on February 23, 2020, 05:41:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=17u1hj34Ygw  The title track in the name of good fuck

Cynic.  Everyone has bands that they just like, that may not stand up to logical scrutiny.

I like the cover! Zero fucks given   :laugh:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 23, 2020, 05:31:30 PM
Yeah,  the documentary is brilliant and the lads even seem like nice chaps,  but fuck me,  they are rubbish.  Middle of the road metal in every respect.  Crap vocals,  generic music and even the so-called humour is so spasticated they can't even be applauded for that.  Pure shite on every level. No idea why anyone who actually has a clue about what quality heavy metal sounds like would give them the time of day.

This 100%. Appalling bollocks. Spilal Tap/Bad news/Manowar level crap.