This fine work of crusty doom death is being reissued on CD and LP through Svart in May.  I had to grab a copy as it's one I've never picked up,  despite always enjoying it when I've stuck it on YouTube over the years. Looks like a nice definitive edition including the demos and an inlay full of interviews.  Svart always do a really great job on their LP releases so I'm sure this will be worth the slightly hefty price tag.  I see they are also releasing 'Beyond Darkness' by Goden who consist of a couple of members and are being billed as a follow up to Winter (obvious album title!). I will give them a spin and see if they are worth the investment.

Intrigueing. One I missed at the time and only heard when it was long out of print. The demos are a nice addition, I'll be picking this up.

One of my all time favourites, what a record.

Was gutted for a good while that i misplaced the CD and the empty case was tormenting me for ages. Got a new stereo amp in November and well chiffed to find the CD in my old CD player that was out of commission for a while. The new stereo got a nice baptism of Into Darkness, it's one album you can just have to crank it up and immerse yourself in the filthy vibes.

I was actually checking last year on the off chance they might be playing somewhere in Europe at some stage. I  discovered they can't play live anymore due to severe hearing issues that one of their doctors warned them about - play again and you'll go deaf. So interesting to hear about this other band.

If anyone hasn't had the pleasure of hearing them ye, rectify it, it's solid gold still after all these years.

They often get referred to as a cross between Hellhammer/Celtic Frost and Amebix, slowed down,  which seems accurate to me. 

Always loved the cover of Into Darkness as well - far more bleak than some demonic drawing.

The production of the demo was always better than the album to these ears.
Saw them at Roadburn when they played there, great nostalgia trip.
Listened to these guys a lot down through the years.
Never heard the Goden stuff or even of it.

Absolute masterpiece,huge record for me. That live set at Roadburn was amazing years ago.

Quote from: leoos on February 14, 2020, 09:29:11 AM
The production of the demo was always better than the album to these ears.
Saw them at Roadburn when they played there, great nostalgia trip.
Listened to these guys a lot down through the years.
Never heard the Goden stuff or even of it.

Goden looks to be a new project.
I agree with the comment about the artwork.  So dark and gloomy.