The comorbidities group combined is probably closer to a million tbh. Almost 200,000 for diabetes alone, and that's only confirmed cases.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 17, 2021, 01:05:10 AM

I hear the nightclubs will be shut again starting Thursday. Bad buzz for owners and punters alike.

No easy way out indeed but these type of restrictions just makes a mockery of everything. More authority is lost each time they do something stupid or half hearted.  This happening within memory of the 2008 crash bank/property bubble lies is interesting too, will reinforce loss of trust, all the while ff fg green government are so CLEARLY  working against the interests of the people (vulture funds etc).

Was reading 26% Irish adults were obese in 2019 (56% classified as overweight). Eurostat figures show that just over half of all adults in the EU are overweight and an estimated 2 in 3 (67%) Australians aged 18 and over were overweight or obese. Having obesity may triple the risk of hospitalization due to a COVID-19 infection. The risk of severe COVID-19 illness increases sharply with elevated BMI. From the looks of it, this is going to go on forever if there isn't some kind of huge dip post Winter peak. You mentioned the comorbidities group numbers...not looking good.

The Shinners will romp home at the next general election. No doubt about it.

More doom and gloom up north with covid passports being a requirement for gigs and nightclubs.

When will the penny ever drop.... Hmmmmm mmmm?

Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on November 17, 2021, 06:06:32 PM
More doom and gloom up north with covid passports being a requirement for gigs and nightclubs.

I'd rather passports be implemented here than the current 12am nonsense.

That is exactly how they will continue to foist whatever nonsense they want on us. Compliance through convenience.

#3382 November 18, 2021, 12:29:23 PM Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 12:31:00 PM by Blackout
It's what they've been doing all along and people who have objected are labeled Far/alt - right or anti-vax.

As a country we are absolute cowards when it comes to protesting for fear of social reprisals. 

The herd of ghouls go bananas over the merest hint of wrongthink, anyone even considers protesting restrictions and, yeah, it's a shadowy far right group committing 'violence' on one 'community' or another.

They have us by the plums.

It has been a total success.

It's been a success in no small part also because the side of the protestors literally has been a soapbox for some of the most incredible idiocy that has been given voice and ears in recent history. Attempts to smear protests probably would have been made anyway, but jesus h christ was it made easy for the powers that be.

John Waters and Gemma O'Doherty please stand up in front of the class.

A mate of mine living in Canada mentioned this to me yesterday and I literally couldn't believe it. Far worse than Austria's recent iron curtain style measure:
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/toronto-students-told-not-to-speak-during-lunch-to-reduce-the-spread-of-covid-19-1.5635328

The headline says "students", but these are little kids, instructed not to talk to each other during lunch, i.e. during the time when they're eating so don't have masks on.

That is just fucked up.