Wasn't some guy on the radio recently saying that he went to get tested and after waiting ages he asked how long he'd have to wait and was told "Two and a half hours."
He upped and left because he wasn't arsed waiting and two days later he got a letter saying he'd tested positive.  :laugh:
Fucking hell, what a scam...  :laugh:

On the 21st are they doing away with the meals bullshit? I think the option of food in a pub is good but it should be an option and not forced on you especially when you don't eat whatever slop they are offering.

Quote from: mickO))) on September 08, 2020, 06:32:58 PM
On the 21st are they doing away with the meals bullshit? I think the option of food in a pub is good but it should be an option and not forced on you especially when you don't eat whatever slop they are offering.
Yeah no food,the 105 min time limit  still applies where there is a distance of 1 meter between tables,and unlimited time where there is 2 meters between tables .
I dont know how the fuck they can police that,my experience  the last few weeks (in Cork city centre) has been pretty good,bars generally adhering to the distance between tables,but not overly enforcing the time limit.Once you book a table from 8pm your just left there for the night.Theres a pile of outdoor seating in Cork now,thought it looked great the other night.

There'll be regular checks from the Gardy for a week or two, then it'll be ignored unless there's rowdiness.

Quote from: Paul keohane on September 08, 2020, 09:02:54 PM
Quote from: mickO))) on September 08, 2020, 06:32:58 PM
Yeah no food,the 105 min time limit  still applies where there is a distance of 1 meter between tables,and unlimited time where there is 2 meters between tables .
I dont know how the fuck they can police that,my experience  the last few weeks (in Cork city centre) has been pretty good,bars generally adhering to the distance between tables,but not overly enforcing the time limit.Once you book a table from 8pm your just left there for the night.Theres a pile of outdoor seating in Cork now,thought it looked great the other night.

Yeah 8 seems to be the time to book if you want stay until close. A few of us going on an all dayer this Saturday and we have a pub booked that is gonna let us stay there for most of the day and they have decent food as well.

A new pub opened up a few months ago where I live its owned by a guards daughter most nights you can still see people inside drinking after 1am just like some of the other new rules they don't seem to apply to everyone.

I wonder with a lot of the pubs why didn't they just get in a pizza oven using some of the restart grant money available and be serving drink all along instead of waiting?  I know space is an issue for a good portion of them, but a lot that have the doors closed could have surely done something along those lines. Funny you mention about the Garda pubs as well. The local garda and teacher pub in this town is hopping every night of the week no problem and the blind eye is turned all the time. It makes me wonder how seriously the ones enforcing the rules actually take them when it comes down to it. Stuff like that must surely be undermining efforts to get the public to buy into the new normal as well.

On a different note, I'm always picking holes in all of this on here, but it struck me this morning that I could maybe have more empathy for the old folks who are having the shit frightened out of them every day on the telly and radio. Like the news makes out to be on their side and reporting what they need to know and the 80 year olds can't be expected to be online researching and looking for holes in the argument all the time and it must be quite bad for them to be constantly bombarded with fear inducing info everywhere they look. I get annoyed by the rules a fair bit but a lot of these lads must be generally terrified going about their daily business and now I think about it I feel pretty bad for them. No one is calling out on the news that if you are very old, the likelihood is that you will survive in 8 or 9 out of 10 cases unless you are fucked altogether. Just a thought..

Quote from: astfgyl on September 09, 2020, 09:34:37 AM
I wonder with a lot of the pubs why didn't they just get in a pizza oven using some of the restart grant money available and be serving drink all along instead of waiting?  I know space is an issue for a good portion of them, but a lot that have the doors closed could have surely done something along those lines
Thought that myself. There's a tiny pub in Enniscorthy that has a chipper just up the road from it, so they've just been going up there and getting a few pizzas and bags of chips to do the food

3 deaths today.

I think we need a new approach. I was having a chat with a mate and suggested maybe enacting a law making it mandatory for non- essential businesses to offer the work from home option and to offer Grants for businesses to do so. It seems more and more biz owners are making people return to the office which is ridiculous particularly when you can do the same tasks from home.

I'll be interested, with things opening up, and essentially transitioning to some version of the Swedish approach, to see if the public can police themselves. I don't mean shouting at people who don't comply or anything, just will enough people pay heed to the basic advice for it to make a difference?

Money always talks, and I feel that in the absence of a cure or preventative that more and more governments are going to be looking to Sweden and thinking can they also take the path of lesser economic damage and a more carrot than stick approach to public safety. We have been saying here for quite a while that the Irish won't comply if not forced to, but we are going to see the answer in the next while I think. The switch to opening back up a bit will inevitably lead to another peak, but should also taper off again after a few weeks if compliance is high.

I would say the pressure on the government must be at an all time high right now. Lock it back down and half the people go mad, open it up and half the people go mad. A real no win situation for them.

I'm very conflicted at times with this whole thing. I'll follow the rules, I get it, but then I see the piss taking going on...the Garda pubs, The Nancy Pelosi's of this world. I also think they simply expect to eradicate the virus and it's never likely.

Anyway, latest story from Spain. This girl had tested positive for Covid and felt so good she decided to go surfing, though I belive she was off work as a result of the test. What's the real story? I'm sure the media will paint it in a million shades of shit before we find the whole truth of it.

But here's the vid. Again, whatever about her job, I have to ask myself if I'm comfortable with seeing someone arrested like this for splashing about in water when I walk by bars at 7 in the morning here and see groups of generally male alcoholics tucking into their first beers of the day, which they're perfectly entitled to do in fairness. She's putting people at risk is the idea, again I get that..again, conflicted.

https://youtu.be/Y6hn4DRjgA0

Quote from: Pedrito on September 10, 2020, 06:54:58 AM
I'm very conflicted at times with this whole thing. I'll follow the rules, I get it, but then I see the piss taking going on...the Garda pubs, The Nancy Pelosi's of this world. I also think they simply expect to eradicate the virus and it's never likely.

Anyway, latest story from Spain. This girl had tested positive for Covid and felt so good she decided to go surfing, though I belive she was off work as a result of the test. What's the real story? I'm sure the media will paint it in a million shades of shit before we find the whole truth of it.

But here's the vid. Again, whatever about her job, I have to ask myself if I'm comfortable with seeing someone arrested like this for splashing about in water when I walk by bars at 7 in the morning here and see groups of generally male alcoholics tucking into their first beers of the day, which they're perfectly entitled to do in fairness. She's putting people at risk is the idea, again I get that..again, conflicted.

What I'd like to know is how they knew she was there? Did someone snitch or did they track her on her phone? Maybe she has to wear a yellow star?
Either way, this is all very scary shit and the governments are being allowed away with it.
Time to put a stop to this bullshit.  :abbath:

It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than Live On Your Knees.!!  :abbath:

So...now the sea has coronavirus??? Ostras!!!

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on September 10, 2020, 08:58:28 AM
Quote from: Pedrito on September 10, 2020, 06:54:58 AM

What I'd like to know is how they knew she was there? Did someone snitch or did they track her on her phone? Maybe she has to wear a yellow star?
Either way, this is all very scary shit and the governments are being allowed away with it.
Time to put a stop to this bullshit.  :abbath:

It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than Live On Your Knees.!!  :abbath:

Someone called the gestapo on her, someone that knows her. Pff dunno what to think about it. In cuffs for breathing

Quarantine at home when you get the virus? Seems reasonable.