Quote from: mugz on July 14, 2020, 04:12:35 PM
but it's not to give you a hard time or anything, you seem quite a nice guy, it's just a few years ago the 'we' in Ireland stopped including you.

Oh I didn't mean Ireland in general, we have an autonomous zone going down here in Tipp. Well it's just meself so far..

Quote from: astfgyl on July 14, 2020, 08:17:57 PM
but it's not to give you a hard time or anything, you seem quite a nice guy, it's just a few years ago the 'we' in Ireland stopped including you.

Oh I didn't mean Ireland in general, we have an autonomous zone going down here in Tipp. Well it's just meself so far..

I never thought I'd miss the 'old' Ireland or find country enclaves tempting, but as far as my travels go, there's basically nothing of value on the east coast anymore, dublin, wicklow, wexford all fucked, not sure about carlow or kildare. galway seems to be fucked too, though I haven't been there for a few months.

Some part of me wonders if anyone else will look around them and ask if this is the Ireland anyone actually wants? It's just a wasteland of coffee shops, empty office buildings, prison-cell apartments.

If anyone still listens to mid period Katatonia- a lot  of their songs were about urban isolation and fleeting moments of terror in the midst of boredom or despair. Viva Emptiness could be completely about modern Dublin.

After 38 years of not liking Ireland, my 39th year has been overwhelmed with a kind of patriotism, or at the least a sense that something has been violated in the last 4 years or so, a line crossed.

Quote from: astfgyl on July 14, 2020, 03:05:26 PM
We could open them up with little signs outside: "No Yanks, No Brits, No Brazilians"

Jokes aside, I wonder how long before anything in the way of gigs goes ahead again

a century ago everyone was frightened of the black and tans, now the entire country is swarmed with blacks and tans and various eastern europeans, and the only Irish people breeding are people you'd prefer not to breed so much.

the real joke is when the NO IRISH signs start appearing in Ireland. If it wasn't a tragedy it'd be quite amusing.

it's all such a joke; I wonder what today's newspaper headlines will say? maybe there's a surprise entry this week in 'the charts'....

1920-2020, if it's a reset, can we pull the plug instead?

what does lewis hamilton think about what kerry king thinks about this?

is kerry king even still alive?

What the fuck did I just read??

I can get on board with a lot  of that.  The only thing about that feeling is that the young lads of now will have it in 2040 only they will be thinking of those lazy summer evenings spent in Costa on their mobile phones, so it's nothing new to feel like the relative old days were way better. Nostalgia is basically feeling like we wished we were young again more than things being actually better. We aren't teenagers so we can't feel like they do about  the now, and even if we did the same things as we did when we were of that age, it wouldn't feel the same now. No matter who you are, you will find someone from the previous generation extolling the virtues of their day.

Covid-19, on the other hand, is a right pain in the hole

Quote from: astfgyl on July 14, 2020, 10:36:41 PM
I can get on board with a lot  of that.  The only thing about that feeling is that the young lads of now will have it in 2040 only they will be thinking of those lazy summer evenings spent in Costa on their mobile phones, so it's nothing new to feel like the relative old days were way better. Nostalgia is basically feeling like we wished we were young again more than things being actually better. We aren't teenagers so we can't feel like they do about  the now, and even if we did the same things as we did when we were of that age, it wouldn't feel the same now. No matter who you are, you will find someone from the previous generation extolling the virtues of their day.

Covid-19, on the other hand, is a right pain in the hole

I'd argue that the charade of youth vs false memory is somewhat overstated. I know I was complaining about everything in the 80s 90s and 00s too, but those time periods didn't have the same mixture of futility and eerieness and scale ... You could easily see what the general direction was in those decades, even if it was clear that 90% of it was completely misguided.

This time period seems to be completely oriented to something vast, but utterly nebulous.

The Pandemic is merely a conceptual vehicle to allow an accelerated period of change; I'd argue in my 4 decades there hasn't been such a condensed alteration of 'reality'.... To me this is kind of an 'invasion' or an insult, beyond the sense of dismay you generally get from getting older.

https://www.minervanett.no/angus-dalgleish-birger-sorensen-coronavirus/the-evidence-which-suggests-that-this-is-no-naturally-evolved-virus/362529

Was reading this last night. I'm sure the opposing view is there somewhere as well but it seems reasonable enough bar a couple of leaps of faith here and there

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now that's how you make a video Republicans can understand!

Just as well he wasn't holding it in his left hand though, or it would have been fake news  :laugh:

Holy Shit what a fucking moron. His next video will probably be on the pro's of drinking bleach  :laugh:
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

Quote from: livingabortion on July 30, 2020, 12:45:58 PM
Holy Shit what a fucking moron. His next video will probably be on the pro's of drinking bleach  :laugh:

Eh, wut?

Maybe I have been fortunate that I haven't been in an environment where that would be a accurate test, but it looks ridiculous, (or have I missed the point? Possibly).

Quote from: livingabortion on July 30, 2020, 02:15:46 PM
Maybe I have been fortunate that I haven't been in an environment where that would be a accurate test, but it looks ridiculous, (or have I missed the point? Possibly).

Well, it very clearly shows that even a simple surgical mask will block micro-droplets expelled at force even at extremely close range, thereby protecting anyone who may otherwise have been in range to be struck by them. That was the point, I don't know whether you missed it or not.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 30, 2020, 02:28:53 PM
Quote from: livingabortion on July 30, 2020, 02:15:46 PM

Well, it very clearly shows that even a simple surgical mask will block micro-droplets expelled at force even at extremely close range, thereby protecting anyone who may otherwise have been in range to be struck by them. That was the point, I don't know whether you missed it or not.

Oh it was definitely a swing and a miss. Brilliant video by that buck.

Yeah I think I was a Dickhead there and missed the actual point.