They are going into lock down tuesday in France now apparently.
People were just ignoring the warnings last week and this week gathering on beaches was probably the last straw.
We were initially supposed to leave France end of this month but thankfully left early and got out just in time two weeks ago.

Just saw queues of people outside JD Sports for their sale. A fucking sale at this point, what utter stupidity.

#347 March 22, 2020, 12:23:36 PM Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 12:47:13 PM by John Kimble
Quote from: Ducky on March 22, 2020, 12:15:11 AM
As someone that spent years of their life standing behind the till in that place, all I can think is fuck GameStop from on high. Apparently HO have told them they'll close when the government makes them. Cretins.

I can kinda see the logic in keeping a shop like Gamestop open at this time. Plenty of kids and teens off school, and with no return date in near sight, video games are prob in high(er) demand than usual. I have a Switch, and generally opt for the physical copies of games as these can be traded in down the line. I'd only have a problem with businesses remaining open where there would be serious public health implications by doing so. As long as Gamestop or whoever take the appropriate measures, provision of hand sanitizers, implement effective crowd control, etc, then I don't see an issue. Something like JD sports holding a sale, as alluded to earlier, I would def have an issue with.

Edit
https://www.windowscentral.com/gamestop-wont-close-stores-because-they-are-essential-during-coronavirus-pandemic

Guess I'm completely way off the mark on this!!

Quote from: Carnage on March 22, 2020, 12:10:01 PM
Just saw queues of people outside JD Sports for their sale. A fucking sale at this point, what utter stupidity.

jees...where?

Drove up to Summerhiill and Parnell Street today and the place was like a zombie apocalypse. The only people about are hoarders or people who have nowhere else to go, the scale of the city's homeless crisis is even more magnified when nobody else is around.

Jesus wept... these fucking morons

Quote from: Pedrito on March 22, 2020, 11:34:17 AM
Just announced we're going to be locked in 15 more days in Spain until April 12th..mental.

I'd say they will keep extending it. Where I live is a complete ghost town, really creepy. Never seen the likes of this before, still trying to process it.

Quote from: The Heretic on March 22, 2020, 12:46:08 PM

jees...where?

Dublin, I think. It was a tweet reposted on Facebook.

First Cheltenham attendee confirmed in Ireland. Weaponised stupidity.

Quote from: leatherface on March 22, 2020, 02:49:24 PM
Just announced we're going to be locked in 15 more days in Spain until April 12th..mental.

I'd say they will keep extending it. Where I live is a complete ghost town, really creepy. Never seen the likes of this before, still trying to process it.

Where you living? It's the oddest thing ever tbh. The day is grand, loads to do around the house etc, the mornings are odd though, when you realise you are basically limited to a radius of a few streets and if you're really adventurous a trip to a supermarket in the car which I have yet to do for fear of losing my parking spot. Moving back to Ireland ti a green field in the middle of nowhere is starting to look really tempting right now.

Quote from: Pedrito on March 22, 2020, 03:28:36 PM
Quote from: leatherface on March 22, 2020, 02:49:24 PM

Where you living? It's the oddest thing ever tbh. The day is grand, loads to do around the house etc, the mornings are odd though, when you realise you are basically limited to a radius of a few streets and if you're really adventurous a trip to a supermarket in the car which I have yet to do for fear of losing my parking spot. Moving back to Ireland ti a green field in the middle of nowhere is starting to look really tempting right now.

I'm in south east AndalucĂ­a. I get out now and then to leave out bins/get groceries. I step out for less than 10 mins a day and stock up in the local neighbourhood shop. No way I am going to big supermarkets where you have to queue to get in and ultimately spend more time outside, no thanks.

Went out for a drive earlier. Hordes of people at Glasnevin Cemetery, cars parked nearly the whole length of the thing. Guessing it's for mothers day but cop the fuck on. If you've a parent in there they won't be going anywhere

All the beaches here were mobbed, cops had to close them!

There was a big queue on the access to the Bettystown beach today.  Some of my friends from Drogheda wanted to go over there too.....insane. Usually people don't feel like going aywhere, but now, in this situation, it is like entire country is on vacations at the same time.

Bettystown has been rammed all week. It's the fact that people are being told not to go out that they want to. I have friends preaching about keeping distance then they are posting picture online of them over at someones house with a gang. They seem to think that because they are playing monopoly and not partying that it's ok.

People like this that are gonna cause a full lockdown.