I have what would be considered an underlying respiratory condition which is the main reason I am getting very worried if I catch this thing I am most likely fucked. As of now my plans will stay as before because as long as my employer is forcing me to travel during rush hour that's my biggest chance of catching this thing. The shitty thing is where I am if you have to go through incubation your employer will not pay you for the time missed nor will the Government give you anything either. If I lose out on 2 weeks pays unexpectedly it will leave me in a pretty bad situation.

My parents are elderly and it's a worry but I worry about everything to the point of agony. It's just how I am. The W.H.O have recommended that people check in with the news sources in the morning and evening to try and get people to stop staring into the void that is the smart phone.
What's the story with the toilet paper craze? How much shitting are people expecting?

I was wondering that..jesus people must be on the bowl day and night to use so much. Could they not give their arse a wash or something afterwards? Are they eating the stuff? Fuckin animals!

I usually buy a 24 pack for the convenience (and having fucking IBS), and I'm due a purchase this week.

I'll look like a mentaller now..

20% decrease in shifting and fingering in towns throughout Ireland..terrifying

Quote from: Aborted on March 11, 2020, 08:43:21 PM
Graphs all over the shop

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

Read that today. Hardcore, not for the faint-hearted. But still stands that panic is not helpful at all

Had to stop reading it..freaking me out

Quote from: Pedrito on March 11, 2020, 08:59:03 PM
20% decrease in shifting and fingering in towns throughout Ireland..terrifying

:laugh: :laugh:

I see there's a shit ton of the usual fuckers spreading trojans etc into peoples computers etc through fake links to live updates on the virus info etc

Might have been linked already but this seems to be the best real one of the lot
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR0h-FL0VHEo4ixHW6wbOFNMIjqY75OxCdJKw_2wL7QX15BJYTJTflk2G5k

Ireland with 43 cases / 2 recovered and 1 death!!

Yeah, scary stuff alright. Completely agree that panicking is not helpful but difficult not to get caught up in the hysteria. I've been immunosuppressed for a while due to a chronic illness, and my missus is in the late stages of pregnancy. There's no real evidence to suggest the virus passes to foetus during pregnancy but it's all a bit worrying nonetheless.

I've been told to work from home until further notice, as have all non-site essential staff in my place.

Quote from: Juggz on March 11, 2020, 09:52:36 PM
I've been told to work from home until further notice, as have all non-site essential staff in my place.

Do you work for an international?

We're still waiting for the French government to get the finger out and close the schools and university campuses (couple of weeks working from home would suit me down to the ground!). No such luck so far, despite the high possibility of an enormous bubble of true cases hidden beneath the 2000 or so confirmed cases here. A GP I was talking to the other day said France is fucked in terms of medical services when this scales up, yet very, very little in the way of intervention compared to what I hear happening in Ireland, and ye are at least a few days "behind" us in outbreak terms.

On the other hand, very little panic so far here too compared to what I'm hearing from Ireland. Island mentality?? Ex-impoverished mentality?? Dunno.

Quote from: Nail_Bombed on March 11, 2020, 04:16:05 PM
I am at the moment reconsidering my approach to heading out this weekend to two gigs in Cork - purely on the basis that if I do pick something up, it's on me that I went out and got it, and I would not want to inflict it on my aging parents.
There is of course the element of a generalised fear of what may or may not happen here of course, but I reckon it's better to be at least aware that if you are heading out to gatherings, there is the possibility that you could catch Covid-19.

Even that may not be enough to avoid contact with the virus and it just goes to show how interconnected every one really is even if we may feel like isolated at times. The thing of course is than even the slowing down of the spread can be a big advantage to prevent services becoming overwhelmed with a sharp rise in cases. I suspect that I have myself and have already passed it on to people more vulnerable and I am hardly to most social person but I could be wrong of course.

Fuck me, you should see Tesco in newtownabbey tonight. Tesco's profits should be through the roof now.
People panic buying only force everyone else too.

Quote from: Pedrito on March 11, 2020, 06:31:57 PM
I was wondering that..jesus people must be on the bowl day and night to use so much. Could they not give their arse a wash or something afterwards? Are they eating the stuff? Fuckin animals!
My van is parked outside with my sign:

There Are
           NO
  TOILET ROLLS

Stored In This
  Van Overnight!

I SHIT you not  :laugh: