Iran's looking pretty bad too. Seems the government sat on the whole thing for a few weeks in order to get a big turnout for the elections, allowing it to spread unchecked, and now they're dropping in the streets.

#16 March 02, 2020, 08:24:57 AM Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 03:22:28 PM by Aborted
Gotta block it all out and go live my best life rather than destorying my brain cells any further thinking / complaining about these fuck heads  :abbath:

They should be taking Therapys advice on the whole thing ->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZwXCDqlE9I

Joy Division's advice  :)

Quote from: pete on March 02, 2020, 03:50:48 PM
Joy Division's advice  :)

Was just about to say the same! :laugh:

A lot of talk about things being cancelled/postponed. Already some rugby has been put on hold and there's some concern over the toyko olympics and the Euro's. Even the new James Bond film has been pushed from April to November because of it.
Wonder if this well cause problems for things like Glastonbury, Download etc and even our Belsonic. This better not stop Maiden and Ramnestien coming here or I'll be most dischuffed.

I don't like hysteria but surely flights from Italy could be postponed for a week or two and try to get a handle on things. There's loads of banter and then fuck all actual decisions made as far as I can tell.

That's because ultimately everything is considered in terms of money rather than resources.

4 cases in Galway now, all (connected to) people who'd travelled from northern Italy. Past time to limit travel from that area, though how it'd be implemented I don't know.

They are saying it's Clare not Galway. School closed for 2 weeks.

https://www.clareecho.ie/reports-coronavirus-case-in-clare/

Ah right. Probably in the old TB unit in Merlin Park in Galway, it's set up for isolation.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 04, 2020, 10:16:26 PM
That's because ultimately everything is considered in terms of money rather than resources.

Yep

Gawd forbid they'd lose out on their few hundred euro trip. Feck the rest of the country.
Holidays for us in Ireland this year unless things change in the next couple of months.

I can see the news media tiring of reporting this with its current fervour before cases have even slowed down. Make no mistake, I am taking it as seriously and pragmatic as necessary - with the associated common sense hygiene measures - but at the end of the day unless the actual mortality rate starts shooting up too I can't see a way out of this just becoming a regular part of the flu season now.

The silver lining there is that the panic will go down immeasurably, some of the more unsavoury "GIVE ME THE ADDRESSES OF THE CHILDREN WHO WERE INFECTED AND CANCEL THE ECONOMY" lunatics will fuck off, and we'll all get on with it a whole lot better. Again not making light of it - and the current awareness levels we have around it are useful - but this isn't the apocalypse. The most miserable thing for the vast majority of us about it is the constant shroud of doomsday coverage.

As crazy as it might seem right now, I can see people tiring of this mid spread and moving on to something else. That's social media for you. My hunch is that we'll get bored of it before it gets bored of us.