Tested positive today. Happy new year indeed...

Lovely.

Just got a negative antigen test, not that that actually means much. My sister's had 2 positives, and is waiting for PCR results. Odds are we'll get it, sooner rather than later. Fuck it.

The kettle's really starting to boil now! Far from definite, but there is a chance this could be endgame.

I'm very much in the Ken Watanabe 'let them fight' frame of mind in regards to the old Omicron. Early days yet obviously, but this seems to be what everyone was hoping for so let it run rampant. A mate just back from China (where to all intents and purposes it's apparently done) reckoned six weeks would see it through, if let unchecked.

Got moderna booster yesterday and holy shit did your one puncture the top of my arm. Got pfizer first 2 jabs and only had sore arm and tiredness nothing major, but with this I got the full chills/fever/fatigue. Not something you want to be taking every 3-6 months...then on the flip side...getting rona 1-2 times a year.

I'm banking on omicron being the final wave, the numbers coming back so far hasn't ruled that out!

Quote from: Carnage on December 31, 2021, 06:11:19 PM
Lovely.

Just got a negative antigen test, not that that actually means much. My sister's had 2 positives, and is waiting for PCR results. Odds are we'll get it, sooner rather than later. Fuck it.

Shite. Yea my bro has it too.

Sister's test (finally) came back positive so now we know. I reckon my brother and I both had it already, we both had bad flus recently and she seems to be suffering the same symptoms. Head down anyway, fridge and freezer are both full so that's something.

In a house of 8, six of us ended up with symptoms; five of them confirmed COVID positive by rapid antigen tests (age range 9 to 52). The two who got nothing? Our 2 1/2 year old young lad and a very recently boosted 70 odd year old. The one who got the most violent dose? The only unvaccinated adult. Thankfully that wasn't herself; we were both symptom free enough yesterday to dash across the border, door-to-door, bubble-to-bubble.

Sorry to hear you're riddled Chris. Hopefully this is the death rattle of the virus...

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 01, 2022, 11:44:52 PM
In a house of 8, six of us ended up with symptoms; five of them confirmed COVID positive by rapid antigen tests (age range 9 to 52). The two who got nothing? Our 2 1/2 year old young lad and a very recently boosted 70 odd year old. The one who got the most violent dose? The only unvaccinated adult. Thankfully that wasn't herself; we were both symptom free enough yesterday to dash across the border, door-to-door, bubble-to-bubble.
Sounds like you both had what used to be known as, a common cold.
When's the unvaccinated lad/lass being buried?

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 01, 2022, 11:44:52 PM

Good to hear ye're practically fine again. That's an interesting eye opener though to see how things worked in a house of 8 with various statuses.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on January 02, 2022, 11:17:37 AM

I don't know anybody, anywhere, who has been stuck to a bed, over Christmas, for four days by a common cold, you reprehensible retard  :)

The unvaccinated one is lucky it's omicron and not one of the earlier variants she got hit by, but there were definite signs of regret in those stubborn eyes upon experiencing muscle pain much worse than any of the rest of us, and for longer, and more resistant to paracetamol. She's still bed bound, as much as she doesn't want to be since it in itself is an admission that coronavirus is clearly stronger than she'd banked on. Family member or not, I'm afraid to admit my sympathy thus far is faint.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 02, 2022, 12:25:18 PM
Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on January 02, 2022, 11:17:37 AM

I don't know anybody, anywhere, who has been stuck to a bed, over Christmas, for four days by a common cold, you reprehensible retard  :)

The unvaccinated one is lucky it's omicron and not one of the earlier variants she got hit by, but there were definite signs of regret in those stubborn eyes upon experiencing muscle pain much worse than any of the rest of us, and for longer, and more resistant to paracetamol. She's still bed bound, as much as she doesn't want to be since it in itself is an admission that coronavirus is clearly stronger than she'd banked on. Family member or not, I'm afraid to admit my sympathy thus far is faint.
Wow, talk about 'KILL AND EAT THE WEAK'  :-X

In Spain, all the public clinics in the region we were in had simply stopped doing PCR tests because the demand had gotten so ludicrously high. You could do an antigen test through the pharmacy, and they'd note the result, or bring one home and upload your result to get it recorded. Herself needed one for work reasons, so she had to go to a private clinic in Spain to get one.

What had you's? Scratchy throat, aches?
That's what I'm hearing from anyone I know.
Actually, a couple of people (my older brother included) advised me to make sure me and my Mrs get Omicron. Then we can have the 6 month pass for travel, etc....
I'll be stuck to any fucker on Tuesday that's sneezing or coughing when I'm back at work.  :laugh:
Bring it on, I've been hiking and staying totes fit over the Christmas holidays.... Good diet and the right supplements will keep you right boiz...
I'll play the game anytime it suits me  8)
Glad you and the fan are okay man. And best wishes to you all here for 2022....