She'd break you in two!

Personally, I don't see anything either controversial or even particularly factually inaccurate about what she said here though:
Quote"Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors...even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don't realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views"

Quote from: Trev on February 11, 2021, 12:06:29 PM
All seems fairly level headed to me

Especially in the wake of Arnie comparing the Capitol invasion to Kristallnacht...which really was a fucking ludicrous comparison!

Looked her up after watching Deadpool a week or two ago and these were the headlines then as well. Don't see any controversy in what she said but it seems you can't even mention Jews now.

Got a laugh out of Beep/Bop/Boop.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on February 11, 2021, 12:15:42 PM
Quote from: Trev on February 11, 2021, 12:06:29 PM
All seems fairly level headed to me

Especially in the wake of Arnie comparing the Capitol invasion to Kristallnacht...which really was a fucking ludicrous comparison!
He did what?? Actually I don't think I want to know. I've been keeping off social media and all the various shitstorms that go with the last couple of weeks and I'm happy to stay ignorant over some of these things

The more correct allegory would have been the Beer Hall Putsch. Some are already calling the Capitol Hill riot the Beerbelly Putsch.

Hate to agree with Trotskyites but it's definitely closer to the mark!

Quote from: Caomhaoin on February 10, 2021, 01:20:17 PM
Ties have their origins with the Arabs to wipe sweat off their brows in the desert. So it's cultural appropriation on top of everything else.

Fairly sure I read somewhere before that the function of the necktie, worn with a collared shirt, is to cover the buttons of the shirt, which were thought to be unsightly at the time. Victorian thing I think.

The McDonalds delivery service is called McDelivery but their drive through is just called Drive Thru, not McDrive Thru. It's PC gone mad.

"THE HEAD OF the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games organising committee is poised to step down after making sexist remarks. Yoshiro Mori will quit his post after saying that meetings tended to drag on when women were involved."  :laugh: