QuoteIn a perfect world, all animals would be free from human interference and free to live their lives the way nature intended. They would be part of the ecological web of life, as they were before humans domesticated them. But the world that we live in is far from perfect, and domestic cats and dogs are not capable of surviving on their own, so it is our responsibility to take the best possible care of these animals. Please be assured that PETA does not oppose kind people who share their lives and homes with animal companions whom they love, treat well, and care for properly.

https://www.peta.org/issues/animal-companion-issues/companion-animals-faq/

As sensible as that sounds, you only ever hear about Peta when some celebrity decides to make a declaration on their behalf, or else when they come out with something ludicrous.

I hope nobody takes offence, and I can assure you it is not my intent to cause offence, when I say that the "people" who form the P part of PETA  should be universally declared as a new form of animal vermin and be systematically exterminated in as inhumane a way as humanly possible.
Personally I'd like to see them disenboweled and hung by the neck with their own entrails but I'm sure everyone has their own favourite method.

I'm currently setting up a rival organisation to PETA with an aim to crush them under my foot like the little ants they are. My organisation is also called PETA but mine stands for Please Exterminate The Animals, the animals in question of course, being PETA (the other PETA).

What a bunch of bovine cunts they are.
Fuck them, and the horse they rode in on.

What about PETAETO.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals Except The Tasty Ones.

Don't get me wrong now, I'm all for the proper treatment of animals, I work with animals all day every day and its in both the human and the animals interests, and in the interests of basic morality, that the animal is treated with respect at all times.
I've certainly a lot more respect for the animals than I do for them PETA fucktards.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9232451/Callum-Hudson-Odoi-slams-social-media-companies-monkey-emoji-not-deemed-racist-them.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ito=1490&ns_campaign=1490

Maybe it could be balanced out with a lily or a cracker emoji or just start using a white monkey instead.

I'm not a fan of racial abuse because it's mentally weak but surely at this stage people just need to get a thicker skin about it all and stop wasting their time on it.

It all reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlKao_Pox5A and I suppose that applies to me getting bothered by it as well

I'm also hoping it angers him into a decent performance vs Sheffield United later

Ya, that's a bit of a mountain out of a molehill. Chelsea wimps tho innit? 😀

They need something to distract us all from their rotten form this season. Looking at Hudson Odoi and the improvement in him and also Rudiger, some of the rest of the squad could do with a few emojis sent their way. What could we use for Havertz and Werner?

Ties have their origins with the Arabs to wipe sweat off their brows in the desert. So it's cultural appropriation on top of everything else.

No way, and here was me thinking they were just about mickeys. Really showing my whiteness here

Quote from: Caomhaoin on February 10, 2021, 01:20:17 PM
Ties have their origins with the Arabs to wipe sweat off their brows in the desert.

As in, their kufiyah scarves or something more specific?

I couldn't tell you, my Irish tutor in UCC told me that, amongst other dubious things, like the American expression 'kibosh' coming from 'an chaip báis'.

Just read there that the French word 'cravate' comes from the Croat word 'Hrvat' (meaning Croat) when copying their military neckties. There you are now.

She was straddling a fine line for quite a while. Anything with even a hint of antisemitism was never going to go down well. She should have seen it coming.

As an aside she's now free to straddle my line and go down well.