Where are Mugz and Ducky when you need them?

The voices of reason..

Quote from: Pedrito on January 02, 2021, 03:58:54 PM
'Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values. People tend to unconsciously select information that supports their views, but ignore non-supportive information'.

Confirmation bias is also having equal evidence (i.e. nothing concrete, nothing factual) to accept or reject that Nkencho was either a) seriously mentally disturbed, or b) a multiple violent recidivist, and accepting as fact the latter but poo-pooing the former.

Mugz sent me a PM once telling me not to engage with Chris (assuming I'd never come across him) because he was (and I quote) a mid level sociopath who has been terrorising three versions of this board for 20 years 😂

Is this Grand Torino lad a spoof? I'm watching a video of him talking to a very articulate white South African talking about the land expropriation issue there, and this lad Ronan is drawing comparisons to Ireland in a decidedly inarticulate way.

I'd be generally sympathetic with the views on abortion , controlling immigration etc, but this guy is like an annoying half pissed loud mouth down in the pub roasting the ear off ya.

Worryingly, looking at his bookshelf behind him, we have some of the same books, but just an Antony Beevor and Mr Nice that I can see...

Quote from: Caomhaoin on January 02, 2021, 03:53:39 PM
Yeah, but you know what 'white nationalist' implies.

I'm finally having a look at this Grand Torino lad...Why am I not surprised that annoying shitbag John Waters is on loads of his videos. Seems like the simple mans Dave Cullen, aka Computing Forever.

I don't know, I find this kind of guff very hard to take seriously from Irish lads.

Especially seeing as the cunt Torino served in the British army. I see some of my friends spouting his nonsense. Very sad to see.

Which views? This kind of identitarianism is inevitable when you have this sudden spike in immigration, but he's so incoherent that it's hard to take him seriously.

#1462 January 02, 2021, 04:42:53 PM Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 04:45:24 PM by Pedrito
Quote from: Caomhaoin on January 02, 2021, 04:36:25 PM
Is this Grand Torino lad a spoof? I'm watching a video of him talking to a very articulate white South African talking about the land expropriation issue there, and this lad Ronan is drawing comparisons to Ireland in a decidedly inarticulate way.

I'd be generally sympathetic with the views on abortion , controlling immigration etc, but this guy is like an annoying half pissed loud mouth down in the pub roasting the ear off ya.

Worryingly, looking at his bookshelf behind him, we have some of the same books, but just an Antony Beevor and Mr Nice that I can see...

I listened to him for 20 minutes one time and turned him off. An absolute waffler of the barstool variety.

I'd wager he has a small core of listeners. The average joe on the street has no idea who the fuck that lad is and doesn't care either. And the average joe is who we need to be thinking about when throwing around wild allegations of deep rooted racism in Ireland etc when there is plemty of proof to the contrary.

That'd by my assumption. He has no idea how to engage with his audience, and he's a boring fucker. I hate abortion and policing speech etc. but nodding his head to everything O'Doherty says, uber deference to Waters and complete waffle fests...no thanks. I'll stick to Gavin McInnes.

Yep he's a spa. There were always people ripping on about that Paddywhackery, Ireland for the Irish, 'bleedin black taxi drivers' shite. I didn't realise people gave a fuck what they said. I always just think of them as backwards thicks. I'm not sure if too many decent minded people waste their time on such bollox.

So ignoring any possible previous convictions he may or may not have had, ignoring any robbery earlier in the day he may or may not have done, the one absolute verifiable fact is he lunged at a gard with a machete

Again, he may or may not have had severe mental issues, but at what point does that come secondary to him being a danger to society. For me, I'd say when he lunges at someone with a machete is pretty high up the list

Quote from: Trev on January 02, 2021, 05:09:14 PM
So ignoring any possible previous convictions he may or may not have had, ignoring any robbery earlier in the day he may or may not have done, the one absolute verifiable fact is he lunged at a gard with a machete

Again, he may or may not have had severe mental issues, but at what point does that come secondary to him being a danger to society. For me, I'd say when he lunges at someone with a machete is pretty high up the list
It wasn't just a machete. It was a butter knife that doubles up as a machete when police appear.

Lunging at someone with a machete is a sign of respect and a way to welcome people into your home in the favelas of Clonee. But you'd know that of course if you didn't spend all your time goose stepping around with that filthy tricolour of yours you absolute racist.

Quote from: Pedrito on January 02, 2021, 05:16:33 PM
Lunging at someone with a machete is a sign of respect and a way to welcome people into your home in the favelas of Clonee. But you'd know that of course if you didn't spend all your time goose stepping around with that filthy tricolour of yours you absolute racist.
You talkin to me or Chris?