Well said Pedro. As an aside, tis grand to wake up not hungover as expected.

Is a Monegal bird half Mongolian half Letterkenny??

Good man Pete:)

The boys in Napoli not taking kindly to the lockdown there, fair play to them for not accepting everything meekly, the auld rowing with the police though. I always wonder how much of that carry on is fuelled by genuine rage at a perceived injustice and how much of it is just the adrenaline rush of running battles with 5-0.

The lack of going to matches and other general social outlets is surely a strong contributing factor to their rage. The video I watched showed them refusing to turn violent against the cops, who in turn  broke their lines and peacefully accompanied the marchers along their route. There were of course other videos of tear gas being fired at running protesters, and I'm unsure as to which came first.

I'm of the opinion that peaceful protest will achieve more than violence, but there is a counter argument that violent protest gets more people to sit up and take notice.

Quite a large number of police departments over yonder have had substantial budget cuts in the wake of the protests (of which a good portion were and are violent). Giving into it just encourages cunts more. Baton charge them!

Quote from: Emphyrio on October 25, 2020, 11:04:23 AM
Well said Pedro. As an aside, tis grand to wake up not hungover as expected.

That gin n tonic tipped me over the edge 😂

Quote from: Caomhaoin on October 25, 2020, 11:48:02 AM
Quite a large number of police departments over yonder have had substantial budget cuts in the wake of the protests (of which a good portion were and are violent). Giving into it just encourages cunts more. Baton charge them!

I don't doubt for a minute that the video I watched is the exception. In fact the only comparable situation I have seen is some of the BLM protests where the cause was so politically acceptable as to allow the cops to stand off without media criticism. I think giving in to peaceful protest might set a precedent for both sides and ultimately a more favourable outcome where the will of the people is not ignored or beaten to a pulp. Maybe then the violent elements involved in such demonstrations would be somewhat policed by their own side and weeded out that way. These chaps in Naples have seen the effect of draconian restrictions on their livelihoods and basic rights to work and gather socially and it is understandable that they won't want to go through it again. So I think as long as the protesters don't strike first, I would disagree with the notion of baton-charging them but I think a large police presence would have to be maintained in a peacekeeping capacity to prevent things like destruction of property and the like.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 25, 2020, 11:20:23 AM
Is a Monegal bird half Mongolian half Letterkenny??

Half mongoloid, half Donegal yep.

Can we take a moment, in light of yesterday's latest chapter in the absurd Corbyn story, to have a pop at those who literally ape offense only in order to shift political tides?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6oOj7BzciA

All Burzum content now being deleted, with bans imposed, by Facebook. Looked this up when I saw 'nar marratuk' saying he'd had a couple of 24 hour bans over posts from years ago:
https://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=148791

October 31st... there's something significant about that date... is it April Fools Day?

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 31, 2020, 06:00:57 PM
October 31st... there's something significant about that date... is it April Fools Day?
It's the new Christmas by the looks of it.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 31, 2020, 05:29:50 PM
All Burzum content now being deleted, with bans imposed, by Facebook. Looked this up when I saw 'nar marratuk' saying he'd had a couple of 24 hour bans over posts from years ago:
https://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=148791
I just got 3 day ban for posting burzum stuff, well it might have been Fanisk that clinched it

I've attempted to post one of the instrumental songs from Burzum's new album once, haven't been banned but the post was taken down and I was put on "Allert status" for a year since. Absolutely unjustifiable...I had no tags, nothing, just a link. It reminds me of when Frank Zappa got the "Parental Advisory" sticker on his instrumental album "Rumble".

On a more serious note, Glenn Greenwald has announced his resignation from The Intercept after having his article criticising Biden censored by the news outlet. I wonder what he'd written, he's got a nose for big scandals. It will probably surface after the elections...