Reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1LLawRT5Ec

That entire argument, trope for trope, can be mapped onto the Nazis' condemnation of interwar Berlin; godlessness, libertinage, banking. It's one of the aspects you won't find disagreement on between the mainstream and apologist narratives; both sides appropriating it with pride, but for very different reasons. You'd have to wonder whether flirting with another world war is a good idea, but I think a lot would relish the thought, especially a certain variety of those in the opposite camp to "godlessness."

what's war anyway? if it were just a genetic cultural and chronological cleansing then I'd be all in favour. more likely we're too degraded for a big war to refresh anything.

they can get more for less via cultural abuse, like the past 5 months show.

Stumbled on this after stimbling upon Robert Downey Jr on Joe Rogan discussing Tropic Thunder.

Fantastic flow chart at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1ISlncjCbU

:abbath: if you are a woke spastic you are probably a 14 year old girl or reside in that space mentally.

Quote from: Emphyrio on July 16, 2020, 11:37:23 AM
Stumbled on this after stimbling upon Robert Downey Jr on Joe Rogan discussing Tropic Thunder.

Fantastic flow chart at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1ISlncjCbU

those people are still in the game, even if they seem to be on the rational side. to ration is to apportion or divide, so the division is reasonable vs unreasonable, oldschool comedians vs shrieky millennials, but it's still kind of a game, and your moves are still within that game.

Mugz, look, you clearly look through a different prism of life than I do. I have zero interest in questioning things the way you do. Quite frankly, it seems miserable to do so. This "game" you speak of... No interest. All I wanted to do was put up a video of funny people giving out about supposed limits of how funny they can be, due to a vocal minority of retards. I'm happy to give out about the retards and move on. Life is too short.

Quote from: Emphyrio on July 16, 2020, 01:45:18 PM
Mugz, look, you clearly look through a different prism of life than I do. I have zero interest in questioning things the way you do. Quite frankly, it seems miserable to do so. This "game" you speak of... No interest. All I wanted to do was put up a video of funny people giving out about supposed limits of how funny they can be, due to a vocal minority of retards. I'm happy to give out about the retards and move on. Life is too short.

there's merit to that approach

At least there was in the golden age of the late 90s. A place we all wish you'd fuck off back to.

Quote from: Emphyrio on July 16, 2020, 01:45:18 PM
I too would personally find that exhausting, but to each their own.

It brings to my mind that Alan Watts shtick where he's on about peace of mind and how to live your life, with the crux of it basically just boiling down to "Look, I can have the stick up my ass and break everything down, or I can just smile and go with it." That's flowery nuance - he was as much an entertainer as anything else - but I know where to implement that kind of shit out there in the fetid ranks of social discourse.

Being contrary made me miserable, so I choose not to. You can bring just about anything down with ugly language. And you can fit under just about any manhole cover, ready to pop out with a riposte on how you're looking up to scumbags, being played by a game etc.

Being Woke looks so mentally draining and joyless.

This is probably old news to some but one of the advantages of taking a brief social media hiatus is how much crap you miss out on...
Absolute fucking cringe

https://youtu.be/YdsmxzaHtSQ

And yes, I'm fully aware this is no more or less sincere than Netflix removing certain shows from their line-up, but fuck me, the sheer insincerity on display here is mind-blowing. And considering these are actors, surely they could have faked it a little better than this. Aaron Paul deserves special mention here for astonishing levels of cringe.

Nothing worse than an actor acting when they're supposed to be being sincere. Cringe indeed.

I've been down a Kémi Séba rabbit hole the last couple of days. He's hugely critical of the mainstream recuperation of Black Lives Matter, has some really powerful speeches some of you would really dig...but they're all in French, unfortunately. He's a bit of a mad bastard, a modern day "back to Africa" style Malcolm X, all about crushing the remnants of colonialism rather than demanding a "better", more "integrated" place within the neo-liberal west, massive support across all of Francophone Africa and beyond. Keep an eye out for him in the obituaries in the near future!

#537 July 16, 2020, 10:35:03 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 07:22:25 PM by mugz

In their latest Overwatch update, Blizzard removed McCree's noose spray. The guy's a gunslinging cowboy cliche, his sprays include wanted posters, etc, but I can see why they removed the noose.
But that's not good enough for people though. Because Brigitte (Swedish character)  and D.Va (S. Korean character) have police themed skins for their characters, and those aren't getting removed.

Quote from: mugz on July 16, 2020, 10:35:03 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 16, 2020, 03:14:41 PM
At least there was in the golden age of the late 90s. A place we all wish you'd fuck off back to.

I know I'm very annoying and a bit thick, but even though you seem like someone I'd never have anything in common with, if you were being mugged on o'connell street, and being attacked in a club, I'd stand up for you. If you needed a lend of a guitar or a cable or needed a book I'd help you out.

We all have more in common with each other than not, even if you guys still love music and I merely used to love music. It's still more relatability than you'll get with the majority of Irish society these days. The horror of modern Ireland is so much that I'm choosing to interact even though most don't get what I'm at, and it's hard to find the right balance between conspiracy ramblings and music info.

I choose death.