I assume you've never been to Cuba, or maybe you just stayed at your hotel.

I was offered about a dozen wives and you can't walk down the street in Havana without seeing the utter disaster that country is.

You should go and see for yourself.

#6526 August 15, 2024, 09:38:24 PM Last Edit: August 15, 2024, 09:40:16 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
What!?!? You mean it's not like how it's portrayed in the ads for Havana rum!?!? Fuck, thanks for the info dude! It's a good thing you're around, otherwise I'd have to rely on what I learn about the world from mainstream media (and have you heard about how they abuse language!?!?)

Lads, when you two finally get around to 69-ing each other the release will be felt in tremors all over the world. I can't wait.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 15, 2024, 09:38:24 PMWhat!?!? You mean it's not like how it's portrayed in the ads for Havana rum!?!? Fuck, thanks for the info dude! It's a good thing you're around, otherwise I'd have to rely on what I learn about the world from mainstream media (and have you heard about how they abuse language!?!?)

You said you'd rather live in Cuba than the US

Best of luck

Quote from: astfgyl on August 15, 2024, 08:56:42 PMI think someone needs to test this out by criticising the Christian god and seeing if they get jailed for it.

I'm going to be pedantic over the use of the word criticising.

Aside from the backwards Northern Irish bit,  GB have repelled all their blasphemy laws though I can't see the RUC/PSNI actually arresting you for breaking them up here, but you are more than welcome to try. Those are/were the laws that actually prohibited criticism of the Christian god and the workings of the church (though only the Anglican church as far as I can remember).

Now, on the other hand, if I use terms like Fenian or Proddy Bastard to describe people... based on their Christian religion or perceived religion, the potential to be prosecuted is very real.  The same would be the case in Scotland (as far as I am aware).

Told you I was being pedantic.

If that person got 28 days in jail just for saying "Who the fuck is Allah?", that is certainly a worry for people's ability to make legitimate criticism and protest against all religions/cults and sets a very dangerous legal precedent.

Honestly I think the Allah bit wasn't what got him done because there was supposedly a crowd chanting that and he was getting a bit in the cops faces about it from what I've read.

There was a more worrying one where a lad was apparently jailed for (in part) anti establishment rhetoric, which would be even worse imo

24 years just waiting for a chance, to tell him how I'm feeling maybe get a second chance, but I'll never get used to not living next door to Allah, Allah, Who the Fuck is Allah?

Little known song lyrics there by a band called Muslim Meatloaf And The Manic Mohammadi.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 16, 2024, 09:05:59 AMLads, when you two finally get around to 69-ing each other the release will be felt in tremors all over the world. I can't wait.

ah here, that's an image I could have done without!

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 16, 2024, 09:05:59 AMLads, when you two finally get around to 69-ing each other the release will be felt in tremors all over the world. I can't wait.

A car passed me on the Ipswich highway last year with personalised number plates - GAY69....only in orstralia

I think it's most relevant to this thread to say that the whole bread and circus thing is spot on but at this stage I would really love more bread and less circus

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 19, 2024, 08:39:12 PM"I was shouting about Alan, not Allah"  :laugh:  :laugh:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/leeds-protester-jailed-allah-not-alan-381353/

Fucking eejit. Sure who the fuck is the possible Alan? A watery defence indeed.

On a tangential note, I came across this little good news story on the same site, which I'm sure will warm the cockles of many a heart here on this site, and not just as just desserts for the awful times I might add!

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/who-is-ian-watkins-paedophile-how-long-jail-sentence-354016/