Quote from: astfgyl on June 08, 2024, 03:19:38 PM
Quote from: Lunar blood on June 08, 2024, 02:12:12 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on June 08, 2024, 01:05:36 PMhttps://x.com/AbolishDirect/status/1799151093324063161?t=YYnPqfZKr8XB7tyhQACQyQ&s=19

Then there's this "to make sure they voted correctly"

Some scam

Is this a joke?! 😅, that's fairly bad jesus.

There's videos from all over of lads bussing in migrants to voting centres and it's not going to make people any happier even if it works in the locals it's going to be felt at the GE. Don't forget the migrants can't vote in that one so today's results are not going to be a good indicator of what's to come at the next vote and government parties who gain from it would do well not to be too emboldened by any of it

Yah jesus, I'm seeing a few bits there now. Why am I not surprised, I knew they were being coached but ffs. Just saw there was a group of migrants dropped off at a Sligo polling station in a Fine Gael campaign van for a local candidate, Thomas Walsh if I'm not mistaken. I wonder who they voted for?lol. Jokes aside,the whole election is compromised in my view and you're right they should hang their heads but all the main party candidates were all strutting around my constituency like the march referendum never happened so i dunno.

Looks like the early indication is as I predicted with the main parties doing the best out of the local elections in the absence of any serious opposition. I don't think it was ever in doubt but I'd have hoped for more independents to put manners on the govt before the general election. Ah well, no point people complaining about getting poorer when they keep going for more of the same

Who in the name of Jaysus is voting FF/FG?

Old money is who votes FF/FG.

The SF vote has been splintered due to their pro immigration and pro Europe stance rendering them indistinguishable from the current crowd in the eyes of many and will have been split between  independents and absolute fruitcakes.

It was fairly obvious to me due to the fractured nature of the opposition in general with no particular group able to capture the imagination of the undecided in meaningful numbers.

Then you have the fact that a large portion of young people don't vote at all or have emigrated so you're left with young party supporters, bus loads of asylum seekers and the aforementioned old money to make up the turnout for this election.

As I was saying I'd have hoped the level of anti government feeling would have translated into more seats for independents all over but it seems there'll only have been minor gains, and in some constituencies, even losses on the independent front.

This minute it seems we're condemned to the same old same old for the foreseeable future unless someone very charismatic comes out of the left field to unite the opposition voters behind a single banner, and I just don't see that happening at all.

This is nuts...
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/c888v0lwxy2o

Responsibility is to not show players of a certain skin tone if their team loses, even if the picture sums up the mood and highlights a skilled player reaching the world stage which is surely inspiring??

My head hurts...

Quote from: Snare on June 11, 2024, 12:18:08 AMThis is nuts...
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/c888v0lwxy2o

Responsibility is to not show players of a certain skin tone if their team loses, even if the picture sums up the mood and highlights a skilled player reaching the world stage which is surely inspiring??

My head hurts...

Saw that get going on twitter the other day and I couldn't wrap my head around it

So, in the end it looks like the "90% silent majority" voted in 6 candidates out of 159 who ran on an anti-immigration ticket. Two of those are returning councillors, then there's Pepper, Quinlan, and Steenson in out of the names people might be familiar with. If you lump that result together with AontĂș, that leaves a far right representation (strictly defined as the outliers furthest to the right as compared to the enormously over-represented centre) that is essentially no bigger than the far left PBP-Solidarity representation, at around 1.5% of the voter share each (that said, I don't know how many elected Independents also ran on far left policies). It'd be interesting being a fly on the wall at Pepper or Quinlan's first council meetings. Quinlan, for example, is in with Labour, SF, PBP, and a migrant representative for FF.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 11, 2024, 10:48:13 AMSo, in the end it looks like the "90% silent majority" voted in 6 candidates out of 159 who ran on an anti-immigration ticket. Two of those are returning councillors, then there's Pepper, Quinlan, and Steenson in out of the names people might be familiar with. If you lump that result together with AontĂș, that leaves a far right representation (strictly defined as the outliers furthest to the right as compared to the enormously over-represented centre) that is essentially no bigger than the far left PBP-Solidarity representation, at around 1.5% of the voter share each (that said, I don't know how many elected Independents also ran on far left policies). It'd be interesting being a fly on the wall at Pepper or Quinlan's first council meetings. Quinlan, for example, is in with Labour, SF, PBP, and a migrant representative for FF.

Nobody wants the extremes on either side. Looking at the ballot last Friday I was very disheartened by the choices of opposition or policy difference on offer. A real ballot full of company men and shitehawks to choose from. I'd have liked the shinners to fill that gap but it wasn't to be unfortunately. I voted left in the locals because I know the chap for years and he's decent but I told him not to bother flying the kite for his party in the GE because I won't be buying in.

All I was hoping for was something sensible as an alternative, yknow maybe somewhere between the third world free for all and Auslander Raus but it's not there. And that's only one thing, I'd also have a keen interest in green policies that don't make me poorer but we don't have that either. I'd like to see someone run on decoupling government from the machinations of the lobby industry but we can't have that either. I'd like to see someone who wanted to run the country efficiently and cut the deadweight from the civil service and the health services and maybe someone who wants to stop the drainage of our youth to the corners of the earth by making this place viable but no we can't have that either and it's all because we're ran by greed in all ways. Ah well...

I'd just as soon vote Paul Murphy as gavin Pepper, in other words never. It's all just too stupid and extreme for my liking and it's little wonder we see the return of the status quo when we look at the alternatives.

Worth mentioning too, in "local" MI news, GOLIATH GOT ELECTED. Glad for him, he's seemingly never not doing some kind of community work.

Jaysus, the caps legend? Fair play to him
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Fsir play Goliath. Who was the actual person again - Karl feom Day of Darkness?

Quote from: Snare on June 11, 2024, 06:25:56 PMFsir play Goliath. Who was the actual person again - Karl feom Day of Darkness?

Mark, but yeah from DoD, Dublin Doom Days, etc.

#6118 June 11, 2024, 11:25:15 PM Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 11:32:24 PM by astfgyl
I dunno who that is but they must be feeling absolutely elected this minute and fair play to em for getting off their hole and putting their money where their mouth is.

This also applies to Paul Murphy,

Tv Chef Gino D'acampo,

Tv Chef Gordon Ramsey,

the lad off telly bingo who was the face of me winning an odd tenner for years,

Margaret thatcher,

Ian paisley your boys took one hell of a beating,

Oliver Cromwell for two bob sinn fein,

Leo varadkar feat pitbull and the Young Global Leaders,

Michail "Gorbachev" Martin,

Michael "look at me, quizzing the government as a long job interview for the euro gravy" McNamara,

iTunes exclusive Auslander Raus by van morisson vs the tinfoil milliner feat Eric Clapton vs some cunt from the green party,

The lad in work that asked me to help him order his uniform and now he has something wrong with his hip and his pants are hanging off him but he's limping as well feat Damien Marley and me but it's not bob Marleys illegitimate offspring used as feed in the greed trough because he's stone useless but his father was somewhat of a money maker but rather this is Jennifer Aniston and on and on with ariston but in that film when the dog dies....

There are many more but the common thread is that they did things while others only said things and for that I commend them along with the lad from the old MI that the lads are going on about, whereas I didn't....