Not overly pushed on that first one but I like that second song isolation.

These lads have been on a roll since Dante XXI, looking forward to this one arriving

They're fairly prolific when it comes to releasing albums aren't they? That second song is quality

I love old Seps, but honestly - the post-Max version of Sepultura does not need to regress. That song Isolation is a cracker.

First one to say it's better than Soulfly gets stabbed with a spoon.

A spoon is better than soulfly

A spooning spoon is better than Soulfly.

That Isolation tune is pretty decent.

How's the writing split in Seps these days I wonder?

"All lyrics are written by Derrick Green and Andreas Kisser; all music is composed by Sepultura."

That has been the way for a while, they get in a room and jam out new stuff.

Quote from: Trev on February 07, 2020, 07:12:36 PM
These lads have been on a roll since Dante XXI, looking forward to this one arriving
I have a lot of love for Roorback too.

I realize that they are, effectively, not the same band but my interest in Sepultura waned once they released Roots. Even though the direction they were taking was fairly evident from Chaos AD (an album I still have much love for), it's hard to reconcile the likes of Beneath the Remains with the nu-metal stylings of Roots. I've heard much of the post-split material and while it's reasonably accomplished and all that, it's just not Sepultura to me. That said, it's infinitely better than anything the Cavaleras have put out since, and that first Soulfly is one of the low points of the nu-metal era. I'd forgotten how bad this actually was

https://youtu.be/5uYv5Y8HZnk

They hit their highest highs - but also their lowest lows with Max. Greene has been around for a much longer time than Max was and has been part of a larger, more consistent body of work. Worthwhile Sepultura haven't been Max's band for the guts of three decades now.

The Green material is consistently mediocre IMO, and they were on a downward slide before Max left anyway.