Yeah, it's not the best. I hope the rest of the album is better.

Lost interest in Katatonia after Viva Emptiness...bought The Great Cold Distance but did nothing for me. Have they released anything decent since?

Quote from: John Kimble on February 01, 2020, 05:38:44 PM
Lost interest in Katatonia after Viva Emptiness...bought The Great Cold Distance but did nothing for me. Have they released anything decent since?

Everything since great cold distance has sounded exactly the same.
Viva emptiness was brilliant.

Yeah everything since Great Cold distance has been the same with no staying power,Viva definitely their last  great album.

Quote from: John Kimble on February 01, 2020, 05:38:44 PM
Great cold sitance and Fall of hearts are ok but nowhere near as good as the early stuff.
Last fair deal gone night is an excellent live album of the old stuff and defo worth listening to.

I thought that video yesterday wasn't a bad song actually. Bizarre to hear such widdly guitar solos over a Katatonia song mind you. Better song than the first one anyway, but that wouldnt be hard.  Creatively i think they're best days are long long behind them.

Another new track online.
Certainly better than the Lacquer track they released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnWkTAB-ceg

I'd be in the camp that it has all been fully interchangeable since The Great Cold Distance. Have tried every release since with exactly none of it sticking at all. Should I expect any different from this one? I doubt it. Not knocking the older stuff though, they did have some great stuff.

I'd be the same. While there's no duds over the last few albums, they are indeed very interchangeable.  I'd consider them a very, very good band but that sameness holds them back from being a great band.

Ya they have turned into a fairly boring band for me. I still love Viva Emptiness but all the albums after just started sounding way too similar.
Viva Emptiness was great because there was a serious amount of heavy stuff on there mixed with weird drum patterns and fairly original riffing along with the softer side.

Quote from: blessed1 on April 22, 2020, 07:21:42 PM
Ya they have turned into a fairly boring band for me. I still love Viva Emptiness but all the albums after just started sounding way too similar.
Viva Emptiness was great because there was a serious amount of heavy stuff on there mixed with weird drum patterns and fairly original riffing along with the softer side.
Yeah same opinion as that,all the albums since are very clinical ,and sound the same.

Quote from: Blizzard Beast on April 22, 2020, 01:24:51 PM
Another new track online.
Certainly better than the Lacquer track they released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnWkTAB-ceg

I just had a listen out of curiosity. Yeah, once will do fine.

Alas for the glory days of Sounds of Decay, BMD and Dance of Dec Souls....