Quote from: Juggz on February 20, 2020, 09:36:19 PM
There's a scene in Waterford?

I think he's getting mixed up with the siege of longford or whatever that festival is.

Quote from: RICK-MCQUICKTake Metallica at Slane for example.

No. I will not take the Metallica at Slane crowd as an example of Irish metalheads.

Look, I get your point and all, but you're talking through your hoop.
Never have I been to a metal gig in Ireland and have thought "hmmm, 99% of this crowd are wankers". Or any gig ever for that matter. So yeah, to answer your original question: you're a cranky old bastard!

Elitism is just setting standards get fukked poseur boyos!!!!!
Objectivity is a myth made by shitty bands to get you to think their music is anything other than toilet stuffing!!!!!!!

There are cuntbags everywhere /thread

Quote from: Giggles on February 21, 2020, 01:05:31 PM
Quote from: RICK-MCQUICKTake Metallica at Slane for example.

No. I will not take the Metallica at Slane crowd as an example of Irish metalheads.

Look, I get your point and all, but you're talking through your hoop.
Never have I been to a metal gig in Ireland and have thought "hmmm, 99% of this crowd are wankers". Or any gig ever for that matter. So yeah, to answer your original question: you're a cranky old bastard!

Have you ever worked the Bar at a gig? I'd say it'd be less stressful driving a steamroller through a minefield.

What would your example demograph be? You cannot compare the likes of Napalm Death gigs with Nightwish or that. So I decided to take the biggest possible audience. Cranky bastard point well and truly taken on board at this stage, I just don't understand the defence

Quote from: RICK-MCQUICK on February 20, 2020, 01:03:23 PM

Well I actually reckon that it could be over 99% if we're being pedantic about it, perhaps 99.5%+.

[/quote]

And probably dwarfed by the percentage of wankers would you get in Tallaght Stadium for a Rovers vs Rovers II game...  :P

Quote from: RICK-MCQUICKI just don't understand the defence

I'm not defending anybody, I just like calling people out on their bullshit. Oh so you work at a bar? Well that actually explains why you hate everybody so  :laugh:

Fair enough.

#113 February 21, 2020, 09:21:57 PM Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 05:07:24 PM by Blackout

How uptight are you lot? You go to a gig on the weekend,  have a heap of pints,  chat to your mates and the odd eejit spills a pint here or there. It's fairly tame stuff. If human interaction is that difficult just stay at home  :laugh:

Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on February 21, 2020, 07:00:35 PM
Quote from: RICK-MCQUICK on February 20, 2020, 01:03:23 PM

Well I actually reckon that it could be over 99% if we're being pedantic about it, perhaps 99.5%+.

And probably dwarfed by the percentage of wankers would you get in Tallaght Stadium for a Rovers vs Rovers II game...  :P

New thread. Are 99% of League of Ireland fans wankers?  :laugh: :laugh:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 21, 2020, 10:54:45 PM
How uptight are you lot? You go to a gig on the weekend,  have a heap of pints,  chat to your mates and the odd eejit spills a pint here or there. It's fairly tame stuff. If human interaction is that difficult just stay at home  :laugh:

I haven't been to a gig in almost two years precisely because of this :laugh:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 21, 2020, 10:54:45 PM

This. Exactly this. With some of the whinging that goes on in here and on the old forum in the gig threads, you'd swear that lads are almost looking for something to piss them off at a gig so they can whine about it on the internet later. Wasn't there somebody on here a while back moaning about overhearing a conversation that two people were having behind him in the que for the bar? Daft.

#118 February 22, 2020, 09:14:10 AM Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 09:24:49 AM by Airneanach
Bar work is an awful basis for a balanced perspective. You're literally penned in watching others have more fun whilst having to help them do it.

Obviously examples of clear and out knobbery exist which merits the thread, but you have feckers out there then who are like "Urgh there's drunk people at a gig. Urgh your man is wearing an obscure metal t shirt at a metal gig. Urgh look at them young fellas. Do my hobby like I do my hobby, and don't remind me too much that it's my hobby."