Are there any upcoming releases in 2020 there you are looking forward to or bands with albums in the works?

Don't know if either band have anything new in the works, but hoping for some new Tribulation and Dead Congregation.

#2 December 31, 2019, 04:10:20 PM Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 04:25:32 PM by Pentagrimes
Locally: looking forward to seeing what Incessant sound like in a studio. Also would like to hear something new from Malthusian, Destriers and Vircolac to see how the line up changes have influenced their respective sounds. New Unyielding Love and Horse are both due and I'm psyched for both of those.

Have my fingers crossed for a Decomposed reunion next year, there was a comment on instagram recently which seemed to kind of imply it was a possibility. I'd like to see Blood Incantation live again next year too.

New Faith No More might be nice but highly unlikely.

I'd like to see  a worldwide ban on any further Blasphemy live albums or reissues, and more bands that sound like "North From Here" era Sentenced or "Forest of Equilibrium" era Cathedral  too while I'm being unrealistic  :laugh:

2020 trend prediction: American Death metal will get dumber and lean more towards slam and "gutteral caveman" shite bands made up of former Straight Edge hardcore kids who want to mosh. Thanks again Maggot Stomp records for that.

The Vassafor and Temple Nightside albums that were meant to be out this year. Also, whatever Mystiskaos have planned, great label.

#4 December 31, 2019, 05:48:43 PM Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 05:52:22 PM by Trev
The new King Diamond has to finally come out next year

Gig wise I reckon the Testament/Exodus/Death Angel show is going to be great craic

Gig wise, I would love to see some of the Icelandic bands (Sinmara, Svartidaudi). Perhaps a trip to Ascension fest is called for.

Looking forward to the new Steven Wilson album but with a little nervousness about what direction it'll take - based on "Permanating" from the last album , and the latest No-Man "Love You To Bits" album.

Confessor to finally release some new music.

Are Hell still going? It's seven years since Curse & Chapter was released, I'd love a surprise announcement that they'll get something out this year

Would love to hit Mercyful Fate or King Diamond in Europe.

Very much looking forward to the new Negative Plane album, the one new song played in Limerick sounded vicious.

Hoping to see one of Blood Incantation, Ascended Dead or Eternal Champion live.

Looking forward to see what Invictus, NWN, Iron Bonehead, Dark Descent, Ajna Offensive, Van Records have to offer. My limiting factor in all these things is cash of course!

What was the last great album from Iron Bonehead? They flood out so many new release emails I just don't pay attention any more.

House of Atreus - From the Madness of Ixiom I thought was great. The last Infernal Conjuration album is excellent Sadistic Intent/Shub Niggurath worship too.

#14 January 02, 2020, 10:08:31 AM Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 10:15:37 AM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 01, 2020, 11:12:19 PM
What was the last great album from Iron Bonehead? They flood out so many new release emails I just don't pay attention any more.

The Blooming Carrions and VITRIOL eps were good, otherwise I can't stay I still pay attention either. I know they put out some band with Scythe in the name that was so generic it made me genuinely stop listening to death metal for about 6 weeks.

I'm eager to see what 20 Buck Spin put out this year - that label had an incredible run in 2019. Void Ceremony are up first who have been massively overlooked to date, so that's a fine start.