Quote from: Grim Reality on September 30, 2019, 01:37:06 PM
He's a holy show and Bruce is too. I'm not into that live show 'act', sprinting across the stage,
all exaggerated gesticulating, pure pantomime put on performing.

Maiden have been at this since the 80s.
How would you like them to act on stage?

On stage theatrics have a place in heavy metal for sure but when Jimi Hendrix was messing about with his guitar on stage he wasn't putting anyone in danger.

I know,  it's a real pity that on the very first gig of his budding career he had this unfortunate accident.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on September 30, 2019, 03:34:12 PM
Quote from: Cryptic Stench on September 29, 2019, 05:14:02 PM
It's common knowledge his guitar is turned right down...

Like Richey Edwards.

Janick Street Preach-Gers.

Unlike Edwards, Gers is at best, average at Hide and Seek.

Was never a fan of his playing and the dancing or whatever it is is no worse in terms of mild embarrassment than eddies appearance during the encore. Sure, he looks like a bit of a twit, but he's grand. Part of the furniture at this stage.

It's great that we can freely bash maiden (albeit deservedly) on this forum. I got banned on the old forum once for calling bollox on them playing too much of their shit new material before.

The new forum is much better.

You're still going in June though

Been a Maiden fan since the very early 80s, i.e. since long before Gers, and still am...yet his idiotic on-stage antics make me cringe every time I watch any live footage...things could be so cool if he just concentrated on his live playing and started acting normally on stage...

Quote from: Carnage on September 29, 2019, 06:56:16 PM
He's an embarrassment. Just play the fucking guitar and stop acting like Jimi Fucking Hendrix.

yes, totally

Shitting on Maiden's pomp is a weird one. People have always been a bit high brow about NWOBHM, even in metal circles.  Big festivals and their associated discussions are full of people decrying the classics as being for smelly old patch jacket cringesters whilst themselves fist pumping and slam dancing all their fucking hilarious suburban angst out. Some people only want doom metal bands who all sound like Master of Reality whilst scoffing off a good, fun bit of Korn.

Tell you what, though, I love how all of Iron Maiden look like a cross between Richie and the girl he's trying to shag in Bottom.

Is that Janick looking up in the air for his guitar?