plaid shirt wearing thing  :laugh:  too goddamn laid back for denim and leather
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Deicides new guitarist looks like Judas, anyone hear from that fella these days?

Feel like Kirk Hammett is a shoo-in. I hear he's been battling some pretty hardcore addictions for the past few years (maybe just a rumour), but either way, his live and recorded playing utterly fucking sucks. Well below the level a band as big as Metallica would ever put up with were he not an almost original member.

I'd say that there's truth there. That I lost my phone with 876 riffs was such a load of bollocks for the last record. Hetfields cryptic comments suggest otherwise.

Quote from: Mooncat on July 12, 2019, 06:30:58 PM
Feel like Kirk Hammett is a shoo-in. I hear he's been battling some pretty hardcore addictions for the past few years (maybe just a rumour), but either way, his live and recorded playing utterly fucking sucks. Well below the level a band as big as Metallica would ever put up with were he not an almost original member.

Hard to mention Metallica in this thread without referring to Ulrich. I haven't seen them since the mid-'90s but he's been the consistent weak link since then - skipping double-bass parts, throwing in endless intrusive fills, timing all over the place - in any recordings I've seen or heard in that time. If it wasn't his band he'd have been long gone IMO.

I always thought Kirk was just addicted to stroking dolphins and fondling unicorns.

Just watching the Smashing Pumpkins playing some festival live on TV and it looks like Billy Corgan and James Iha really couldn't be arsed, faces miles away.  Music doesn't sound all that bad though in fairness. Since when did Billy Corgan start dressing like Pinhead from 'Hellraiser' though ?

He has a head like a cross between a baby and a cavity block.  I wouldn't usually endorse plastic surgery but surely he has enough cash to do something about it at this stage.  Even if he filed the edges down a bit or even just bought a bigger hat!

Or went for a run now and then (it's great to be perfect etc.). Saw them playing an old tune at Download on Sky the other night, the were very much going through the motions.

I think his dress made its first appearance in the video for The Everlasting Gaze, not sure why he stuck with it. Not a great look.

I just had a luk through this thread and due to the Deicide slaggin I thought I would check them out. Listened to/watched several tunes. Well fuck me, they are pish.  I actually laughed out loud at the video for Scars of the Crucifix. At least I got somethin out of it.

Think Billy Corgan is genuinely just ripping the piss at this point. One of their most recent videos was very odd  (them in a haunted house or something?) and recent interviews where he is insisting that the band always had a humourous side (they didn't).

Also with the weird shit he comes out with on InfoWars - I think a career of the mainstream not recognising his genius has taken its toll on him and he has stopped trying.