For the moment, I'm enjoying it more with every listen, which means it's doing its job. True enough comment about no shift into 5th gear Mags, but maybe the whole thing will instead lift to another level. Don't know why I'm making this comparison, but the likes of DcD or even BoC never exactly shift into 5th gear, doesn't always have to be the objective. I say maybe, let's see.

I have it on repeat since Monday morning when I got the cd, and it is getting better and better each time. There is just so much going on that I don't see how anybody could make up their mind off one listen or any one song. Lateralus has been my favourite since it came out and this is shaping up nicely to be every bit as good as it. It's so heavy I just can't help turning it up and up every time it's on. There's a real sort of serpentine groove running through the whole thing and parts that felt sort of stilted at first are clicking into place more and more.

Also a special mention for the special edition cd. I paid 40 dollars for it before shipping and it feels like I got it cheap. It is a really classy piece of work and doesn't feel in any way gimmicky or shit. Anyone else here get one?

The only gripe I have with the whole thing is every time I pull up somewhere in the car it's taking me 5 or 6 minutes to get out of it, just sitting there until the end of whichever song is on

The

Maybe it comes across better on the special edition CD but it's only really dawning on me how dull the artwork is. I'm sure it's connected in some way to mathematical sequence or whatever, but it just looks like some unimaginative offering from the late 90's. The logo isn't great either.

Pretty sure the logo is supposed to look like two syringes to tie in with the title.

Hadn't copped the syringes. The artwork looks like a tongue of eyes disappearing down a throat.

The special edition seems cool, but I don't think I could bring myself to buy a piece of plastic I wouldn't use. Even in the car I stream.