I think it would take me a very, very long time to get sick of Leviathan by Mastodon. There are so many moods, so many layers to explore, so much nuance in the mix of styles, and simply perfect composition from start to finish. Plus, you could amuse yourself for quite a while coming up with clean vocal melodies for the heavy parts and imagining what the album would have been like had they approached it in their later period.

That's if we're sticking with metal. Open it up to rock and obviously it'd be Physical Graffiti.

Live After Death.  Definitely the album i've listened to the most over the last 30 years.

I think half my posts on here can be answered with...
Death - "Human".

For some not-so-metal I'd have
Rush - "A Farewell to Kings"
Sleater-Kinney - "The Hot Rock"
Tori Amos - "Under the Pink"
Steely Dan - "Aja"

I'd fucking die if I only had one album :lol:

Anvil beat me to it, no hesitation, Live After Death. Plus it's a double.

Kill 'em All. I will never get sick of that album. It makes me so happy.

Quote from: John Kimble on February 08, 2019, 01:26:07 PM
Nine inch Nails - the Downward Spiral

I can recall a family holiday years ago where I forgot to pack some extra tapes, apart from the one that was already in the Walkman. So for a few weeks, this was pretty much a desert island disc for me. I could gladly listen to this album all day, and I think it has aged remarkably well, considering that a lot of industrial/electronic music from that era sounds terribly dated these days.

Almost, but I would take The Fragile because it's 2 discs. Other tha n that I couldn't pick one over the other.

Great to see a bit of love for NIN around here other than myself

Impossible to choose.
Maybe Jimi Hendrix Live at Woodstock. That way when I eventually weaken from starvation and run out of piss to drink, I can pretend I'm actually at Woodstock when the inevitable hallucinations and delirium kick in as I near death.

Burzum - Hvis lyset tar oss

Love that album, especially Det som en gang var. 

DJ Shadow: Endtroducing
Or
Rory Gallagher: Live 74
Or
Godflesh: Streetcleaner

Any one of them