Quote from: The Wretch on March 23, 2024, 09:06:29 PMI like the last few albums quite a bit. They are all growers. I expect this will be the same.

Anyone else really love 'Sardonic Wrath' though? I played it to death at the time, and I went back to it there at the end of last year and found it still really does it for me. Grand album for headphones on a winter walk.

SW is mint. One of their best from that period.

Sardonic Wrath is very good. So is Total Death. And frankly, everything inbetween them works for me. These two albums mark the middle Darkthrone era, which may not exactly live up to their classic releases, but barely anything by any blackmetal band does. The things got a bit too ,,meta-wink-wink-nudge" for my liking afterwards.

Cool, like it so far. Will need a proper listen witha drink tomorrow though.

Listened to it earlier and thought it was cool. Will reserve judgement til the album.

Really strong track. The last couple of albums have been decent enough if a bit forgettable.
I miss fast Darkthrone though.

Haven't enjoyed a darkthrone album in full since TH bar a few decent songs here and there and im far from a "troo kulter". This just sounds the same as the last few albums.

Only finally got round to this today and glad I did. this might be the first Darkthrone album I've enjoyed from start to finish in about 20 years