Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 30, 2023, 01:52:34 AM
Quote from: astfgyl on December 30, 2023, 12:24:38 AMWtf is "Oi" lads? Heard the description for years but no idea other than the awful picture in my head of lads spitting on me. Am I wrong?

Oi is skinhead punk. Streetpunk. Pretty much simple and direct catchy sing along stuff.

I'll have to try some on YouTube and see. Hopefully it's not the boys out of Romper Stomper  :laugh:

Quote from: astfgyl on December 30, 2023, 03:54:17 PM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on December 30, 2023, 03:22:53 PM"the lad" was probably your brother, he had a rough mix for a while.

Well fair play if that's the craic because I'd likely have heard half a song off a phone once and it was obviously catchy enough for me to remember it. Well done. Does sound like a successor to Kerbdog in places too, which is no bad thing
Absolutely not Kerbdog fans. At all. But it was meant as a compliment so thanks I guess  :laugh: . Thankfully our tuneful phase ended with this recording and we'll never have to suffer that horrible comparison again.

I know And said he didn't want "noisy hardcore" but the post underneath his one was 2/3 noisy hardcore so fuck it:

Just realised earlier noone menbtioned SNAKE - Karen who was in Vircolac/DeNov/Wizards of Firetop Mountain sings for them.
https://snakedublin.bandcamp.com/album/demo-23

Andy from Zom is now in Special Branch
https://specialbranchpunk.bandcamp.com/album/lethal-force

Both of these are fairly catchy though rather than all out noisy hardcore. Keep an eye out for Hunger Pains as well who are recording with Shauny, sorta classic 80s us hc a la Circle Jerks, Government Issue, etc bit of Totalitar thrown in

Quote from: Pentagrimes on December 30, 2023, 03:22:53 PM"the lad" was probably your brother, he had a rough mix for a while.

Well fair play if that's the craic because I'd likely have heard half a song off a phone once and it was obviously catchy enough for me to remember it. Well done. Does sound like a successor to Kerbdog in places too, which is no bad thing

It was me yeah and it was off a phone at one point.  Actually only realised today that that was the only version of it I had and picked up a tape :laugh: I'd listened to the demo version heaps but lost it when I changed phones.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on December 30, 2023, 05:44:00 PM

Absolutely not Kerbdog fans. At all. But it was meant as a compliment so thanks I guess  :laugh: . Thankfully our tuneful phase ended with this recording and we'll never have to suffer that horrible comparison again.

I know And said he didn't want "noisy hardcore" but the post underneath his one was 2/3 noisy hardcore so fuck it:

Just realised earlier noone menbtioned SNAKE - Karen who was in Vircolac/DeNov/Wizards of Firetop Mountain sings for them.
https://snakedublin.bandcamp.com/album/demo-23

Andy from Zom is now in Special Branch
https://specialbranchpunk.bandcamp.com/album/lethal-force

Both of these are fairly catchy though rather than all out noisy hardcore. Keep an eye out for Hunger Pains as well who are recording with Shauny, sorta classic 80s us hc a la Circle Jerks, Government Issue, etc bit of Totalitar thrown in

Pity you're so averse to the Kerbdog comparison because I was going to suggest you change your name to Kerbdoggy.

You- Hi, we are Kerbdoggy.

Crowd- You are a bit, yeah.

Http://hungerpains.bandcamp.com

Ripping proper hardcore punk. None of This sportswear gymbro DHC mosh metal dogshit

Hi
Saw this post and thought folks might be interested in some brand new Irish punk. I'd be interested in opinions.

Website is BTFrankie.com

Or you can get our first ep on Spotify and YouTube and most other platforms.

It's a shoestring production so pretty rough and dirty but we thought it prob didn't need shiny modern production values.

Cheers from Belfast!

#21 July 15, 2024, 01:46:29 PM Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 01:54:58 PM by Sworntothecans
Quote from: Pentagrimes on February 10, 2024, 12:12:18 PMHttp://hungerpains.bandcamp.com

Ripping proper hardcore punk. None of This sportswear gymbro DHC mosh metal dogshit

Yeah the DHC scene are really leaning into that the last few years.

I don't mind the mosh metal but they're trying a bit too much to be yanks at times😂

Heard good things about hunger pains from the fest at Bohs this weekend.

Quote from: BTFrankie on July 15, 2024, 01:28:34 PMHi
Saw this post and thought folks might be interested in some brand new Irish punk. I'd be interested in opinions.

Website is BTFrankie.com

Or you can get our first ep on Spotify and YouTube and most other platforms.

It's a shoestring production so pretty rough and dirty but we thought it prob didn't need shiny modern production values.

Cheers from Belfast!

This sounds deadly. I'll give it a proper listen tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/ZnfNPxVfBDQ?si=6PI97ivjblOqSOqU

I know next to nothing about Irish punk but I found this the other day and I think some of ye might like it.

Cheers Adrian.
Fell head first into that rabbit hole.
 :laugh:

Gonna show that to the kids.
I reckon they'll lap it up.