Quote from: Pentagrimes on September 21, 2023, 08:29:44 AM
Quote from: ldj on September 20, 2023, 11:06:57 PMOnly thing that might concern is the live performance, they have a drummer that does vocals, could it be a permanent Mastodon situation where the other members just sort of stand there, very hard to translate live.

Well they've been doing it with him on vox for years successfully so why would they change now?
I haven't seen them, more of a general thought about whether it works live, be a bit strange not seeing a proper singer or frontman.

Gave this a listen today. Grand but nothing stand-out. I think I've forgotten what they used to sound like so will have to go back and revisit.

I loved there previous two so was unsure about the supposed slight departure on this one, but I've found myself giving it repeated listens for the past week.

I'm a simpleton and basically if I keep getting random riffs or sections from the album bursting into my head and knocking around all day then I tend to think it's a successful work, and there's loads of that happening with this album. The cleaner instrumental passages have also renewed my interest in Dream Unending. Good stuff.

Its strange because with Aperture of Body I thought they were heading in the other direction, dirtier and murkier. The new album could technically be their best but it would be sad to think that the madness of Manor and Planetary is gone, that iteration of Tomb Mold was easily my favourite of this supposed revival of 'old school death metal', whatever that is.

I tried to give this a go after all the hype but ended up turning it off, I can't see the appeal at all, sounds shite to me.

Having lived with it now for a few weeks can safely say I'm not mad on it at all. Like someone else already said I wish they had stuck to what they were doing. This is far too sterile, no denying the musicianship etc but sounds like a blatant attempt to be more tech, in the vein of other bands and it just doesn't suit them.

Iv tried to get into it and i just can!,i'll stick to the previous 2 albums!

i didnt know their earlier stuff and i certainly enjoyed this when it came out but it didnt hold my interest long, havent gone back to it since really...