Here's a random one.

I have been working as a grave digger (two years to the day today incidentally) and today we had a mausoleum job on. I was told there would be a violinist there. Grand.

I head in before the service to make sure everything is ready to go and the dude is there warming up. I get yapping to him and the discussion takes an inexplicable metal turn. God knows how  :P !

He says, back in the 90s I recorded violin for some metal bands. One of them was,  what was it again... Destroyer Sixhundredansixtysix.

Destroyer 666??? No fucking way! Turns out he played on Genesis to Genocide from Unchain the Wolves!

Oh and there was adoom band... Paramaecium!

I'm like, yep, I know them too. Haha.

I was buzzing about it and he was buzzing too. Two little random jobs he did decades ago are still remembered in the metal world. Nice  8)

Haha yeah, the metal gods must have been smiling on me today  8)

#34 April 04, 2024, 09:50:57 AM Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 09:53:10 AM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Haha, great story! Alas, poor Paramaecium! I knew them Horatio!

Pretty cool one there indeed, random as fuck

Off to Osaka for NWN/Hospital Fest on Saturday and Sunday. Pity Mithrandir sold out, cut his hair, started wearing X Worx jeans and a Naff jacket and traded in his metal collection for a rare Mr. Blobby 12"  :'( 

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 04, 2024, 07:31:07 PMOff to Osaka for NWN/Hospital Fest on Saturday and Sunday. Pity Mithrandir sold out, cut his hair, started wearing X Worx jeans and a Naff jacket and traded in his metal collection for a rare Mr. Blobby 12"  :'( 

I am a false so I didn't entry 😥

Waiting in Cairns airport for the next few hours to get the 7 hour extension flight. Is it too late to become a false??

Cairns..... I loved that place, enjoy.

Its possibly too late you for you, do they still make X Work?
Man what a bad time in music!!!!!

#42 April 19, 2024, 02:39:15 AM Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 02:41:24 AM by Mithrandir
McLove's Ill fated handshake faux pa just reminded me of an embarrassing metal encounter  I had a while back. I was getting tattooed by SimonTurner/Berserker - having the usual metal chats, Aussie bands, was asking him about Assaulter.. etc Never Surrender had just come out and I asked him did he know the D666 lads... "umm yeah, I was in the band"   :-[ :laugh: don't know how I managed to not put the 2 together. Thankfully he also thought the newest album sucked or that would have been had both my feet in my mouth  :laugh:

:laugh: I've gotten to know Simon over the past year or so. We meet up the odd time and go hill walking and metal talking. He's a gas dude. Totally chilled out and a complete piss-taker like the rest of us. He would see the funny side of your faux pas.

Cool! Yeah he seems like a sound lad alright.