Love them - even though I only discovered them a few years ago. I don't think they've ever really done a bad album.

Are the Guillotine lyrics meant to be some kind of commentary on D666 controversies?

I'm not gone on Wildfire. It doesn't have any stand out songs, which every other album does have. Trialed by Fire is a class song, alright. I love hearing it live.

I wrote a real glowing review for it (Wildfire) on the old Metal Ireland. It felt really exciting at the time I recall, like Judas Priest on speed in parts, but it hasn't lived in the memory at all. Some real duds on there that were overlooked/given a pass too I have to assume.

Last album I liked was cold steel .. got a bit samey after that .like most bands of that style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Y_4VzeBIA

Another new song not amazing by any means but far better than the previous preview track.

This sounds like something that wouldn't have made the cut for the newest Destruction album

At least it's not as bad as the other single. Sounds somewhat like Destroyer 666 even if it's a poor parody of older stuff. Think I'll be skipping this one.

Anyone been reading the Bardo Methodology series of interviews? Absolutely killer insights, great laughs, total candid stuff from all involved in the band and extended parties. Superb reading. Some band back in the day.

Yeah really good. I'm a bit confused about the paywall setup with Bardo now. Do you get the full interviews if you buy the mag or are they only available online if you subscribe to the website?

Yeah have been reading it, great anecdotes. Loving the the most recent d666 album too - a gig over here would be great.

Yep been reading them,Loved the Gospel of the Horns one.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 11, 2023, 11:35:36 PMYeah really good. I'm a bit confused about the paywall setup with Bardo now. Do you get the full interviews if you buy the mag or are they only available online if you subscribe to the website?

Not sure exactly how it works either, I haven't bought a hardcopy since #3 I think. Must rectify that. But I subscribed for 3 euro a month to get the full interviews of D666 and GOTH.

Wildfire was OK as far as I remember.  Doesn't stick in the mind at all.

The classic three are great stuff even if I did always have a problem with the drums on Phoenix Rising - I remember there being some conjecture about whether it was a drum machine or Electronic Drums dubbed on top of an original performance that wasn't up to the mark.

New piece up on BM Facebook page ,covering the D666/Revenge tour in 2006.