Some of those youngsters have to be tripping for sure  :laugh:
Looks like they had a great time anyway!

Trippin' Spaceballs.

Like someone said previously... Barely a drop of booze was drank between 'em all.

The doc said it was a clean break. He reckons that I'll be back on my feet and pathetically trying to start another pit in no time.

No. Even I'm not that much of a fucking gowl.

I was across town at a different gig.

Sober.

Unfortunately.

Thoroughly enjoyed the night, a great catch up.
However, as mentioned,  the venue is not suited to a metal gig. The sound bounced everywhere, like playing in a cave.

Whatever about the fella who bull raged in and done himself a mischief - bit overzealous no doubt - but the rest of them seemed to just be kids enjoying their local scene. They'll be the ones forming bands and pumping whatever money there is into this thing over the next few years. Though I'll say the We Care Bears image is spot on!

Agree on the band placements too. No shade to the two in the middle but it was bookended by far superior quality that seemed more on theme with what I imagined the night was supposed to be so it definitely felt oddly curated considering it wasn't the cheapest. But hey, interesting venue. Didn't find the sound too bad.

Everdead Wood are great. Listened to their EP before going and they've really come on strong since the first gig they played in Freds, where it seemed very much like a work in progress.

Ya I found the young ones grand. Like that everdeadwood and zealot were well good.

The venue is not built for sound. Concrete walls with a huge ceiling leading to sound bouncing everywhere. Aaron on sound did a stellar job with what he had to work with.

If they did something like hang big heavy curtains around the walls it would help the sound may be.

Ah no in fairness the comments about the kids being knuckle draggers was OTT. Besides the rowing they were no bother, and like I said it was great to see them there.

If I was their age and bought a gig ticket for that price I certainly wouldn't have money to waste on alcohol anyway. Fair play to them for making the most of it. It's not like the rest of us were the coolest kids ever  :D

By the way, I just spotted my post wasn't the clearest re €20 to see ZC - it wasn't meant to disrespect Everdead Wood - it's just that I regretfully missed them!  :'(

Anyway, roll on Urban Assault  :abbath: 

My planet of the apes comment was ott so I apologise.It was more a mix of My left foot and the Goonies!