Quote from: Paul keohane on August 27, 2023, 11:17:09 AMDid the old dude take the hopper during ZC?,i missed it somehow!.

Nah! He didn't even make it through Chronic-Naut

Ah ok,i was outside so.Hopefully it wont have a bearing on future gigs. Lets hope security report back that it was a smooth night! :laugh:

I'm fuckin skittin at these comments tbh. And I echo yer thoughts. Good few characters in the mix aryt 😅 We were actually misled because of the poster too! But I think the tattoo artist who designed it never considered logo placement in relation to running order, idsay they just thought it looked better that way. So a bit disappointed on that cuz we thought we were on later too but it's grand. Live and learn.

Deicide shirt was the man of the match for me 🤣 I was doing the merch stand during Chrononaut and saw him across the room with his buddies and he struck me as a fella who was let out for the first time in years, it was nice to see cuz he seemed harmless until he started acting the clown. If I'm not mistaken it was Gravepath he met his demise. He came in like a bull showing the teeny boppers how its done in the pit and gave one or two of em whiplash and then circled round giving the 'bring it on' gesture and about 0.7 seconds later after misjudging a shove which hit fresh air, he slapped the concrete. Broke his leg I heard. Felt so sorry for him but it was sheer stupidity.
Overall it was a good night, the sound was marginally better than the last time around and the catch ups were great as usual. Zealot Cult ferocious, enjoyed them.

Quote from Snare

It was great to see young people out for it, but my abiding memory is like a real life scene from We Care Bears The_Three_Bears.png

🤣🤣🤣

Breaking your leg at a local gig at his age! Fuck me!.What do you even tell your family,work etc? :laugh: .Youd have to make up some bullshit excuse!.

Another lad,small Joey Jordinson build,he got slammed into the concrete floor at one point!,like a rag doll!. :laugh:
Another fella in full corpse paint in the pit,along with a Thomas Shelby looking dude!

What a night! :laugh:

Quote from: Snare on August 27, 2023, 02:22:32 AMRegardless, ZC rocked and Fredz was good craic afterwards between the metal DJ and Metalmania. It was great to catch up with so many people, and also meet an Italian metal journalist.

Thanks for reminding me that metal brotherhood is a thing, after all.  :)
However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.

Stanley Kubrick

Quote from: Paul keohane on August 27, 2023, 09:51:54 AMYoung crowd,Id say some of them had to be coked out of it! :laugh: .It was BYOB but i didnt see any of them actually boozing!.Look its all a bit of craic

Hopefully it was just the exuberance of youth - happy days! Sure look it, tis better to have them creating a buzz rather than waiting on us old whingers to create an atmosphere. (by the way, it's great seeing 18 year olds buying Impaled Nazarene and the like in Bunker Records these days as well).

Also, them having no drink helped keep the floor dry and avoid slips into equipment thankfully. Or give this lad an excuse to sue...

He came in like a bull showing the teeny boppers how its done in the pit and gave one or two of em whiplash and then circled round giving the 'bring it on' gesture and about 0.7 seconds later after misjudging a shove which hit fresh air, he slapped the concrete. Broke his leg I heard. Felt so sorry for him but it was sheer stupidity.

What is it with people doing that "bring it on" nonsense, and lashing kids out of it? Practically instant karma then, but a step too far as I wouldn't wish that level of injury on anyone.

It would be funny trying to explain it afterwards though - "yeah I was beating up on some kids and the pesky rascals were too fast for my old bones, so I ended up connecting with air and concrete"!

I can't see this going any further as he's completely at fault for causing his own injury. The judge would have more of a laugh than us throwing this out of court!!

"Hold on, hold on, read that back to me please clerk"

"Ok your Honour, ok here we go... there was a panda enthusiast, a Peaky Blinders fan, 4 air-rowing athletes sitting in front of the stage, a slave master lashing them with an imaginary whip, a circle of galloping kids running around them riding imaginary horses, a more mature gentleman clutching at shadows and...(picture judge falling off chair choking with laughter) eh your Honour, are you ok?"

Cue defence solicitor piping up with "Case withdrawn your Honour!"

Quote from: Penombra on August 27, 2023, 05:48:25 PM
Quote from: Snare on August 27, 2023, 02:22:32 AMRegardless, ZC rocked and Fredz was good craic afterwards between the metal DJ and Metalmania. It was great to catch up with so many people, and also meet an Italian metal journalist.

Thanks for reminding me that metal brotherhood is a thing, after all.  :)

You're more than welcome Francesco! You have a gig to remember anyway that's for sure!! 

By the way, major thanks to the folks on the cloak room last night. They must have been demented from people coming back to get their next drinks all the time but they were a pleasure to deal with.

People did a great job of looking after the place and ensuring the place was kept tidy with the bins regulatly emptied.

Great organisation, fair play to all concerned. You just can't legislate for people going out of their way to harm themselves so don't let it get ye down.

As Paul said above, hopefully security give a good report back!

(I also hope the non-metal mom of one of my Beaver Scouts doesn't give a report back after witnessing me fist pumping and singing along to Metalmania's cover of Peace Sells in Fredz where she was simply meeting Dublin friends related to the band  :laugh: )

ZC had to cut two songs off their set, which was a bit of a shit dose.

A couple of the support bands should have played shorter sets. Especially Chrononaut. Second band on the bill and they seemed to go for ages!

Sounds like a wild adventure. That poor eejit breaking his leg... How embarrassing  :laugh: