The vast majority of their 'classic' roster are in the same boat. Napalm Death in particular have been quite vocal about it. Dan Seagrave is in a dispute with them over unauthorised use of some of his cover art too.

#16 March 23, 2023, 08:28:18 PM Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 08:32:34 PM by Pagan Saviour
Digby is such a slippery character.

#17 March 23, 2023, 08:31:41 PM Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 08:33:22 PM by Mooncat
Quote from: Pagan Saviour on March 23, 2023, 08:19:32 PM
Quoterecord companies are the lowest form of slime

Funnily enough Akercocke just posted to encourage fans not to support a vinyl reissue of Choronzon on earache as they don't receive a cent from them.

Apparently Greg Ginn from SST is wild for that too and doesn't pay anyone. Almost as bad, he's supposedly sitting on a lot of bands' back catalogues locked in his vault, so they can't even do reissues or remasters to make some money these days or increase their fanbases to a new audience. What a cunt. I'd love to see reissues of Double Nickels on the Dime and Zen Arcade.

A mate suggested click and collect merch at gigs. Could be an idea.

The click and collect is great and all but the gig experience is being diluted.

Quote from: Mooncat on March 23, 2023, 08:31:41 PMApparently Greg Ginn from SST is wild for that too and doesn't pay anyone. Almost as bad, he's supposedly sitting on a lot of bands' back catalogues locked in his vault, so they can't even do reissues or remasters to make some money these days or increase their fanbases to a new audience. What a cunt. I'd love to see reissues of Double Nickels on the Dime and Zen Arcade.

Ginn is a notorious gobshite. I'm a big fan of Rollins-era Black Flag.

Rollins offered to use his exit paycheck from Dreamworks Records after "Get Some Go Again" to pay for SST/Ginn to re-master the Black Flag stuff at Rick Rubin's mastering facility. Rollins offered it to him free and clear with no comeback.

Ginn shot it down completely.

A shame because a lot of the SST stuff could do with being cleaned up.

I have "Double Nickels On The Dime" and "Zen Arcade" on vinyl, bought new in the US in the early 2000s so I presume that they were reissued back then.

Dave Mustaine the latest whinging about touring costs, claiming $45K for the band to exist on a day off. Then claims a show day is even more expensive?

Surely not???

https://blabbermouth.net/news/megadeths-dave-mustaine-on-increased-cost-of-touring-its-about-45-thousand-dollars-a-day-for-us-just-to-sit-still