Gasworks , that was it
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

I saw Oi Polloi there, I think. 'Flash' spot upstairs, scum level gigs below.

I saw Oi Polloi there too. Great gig but I picked up one of their CDs and thought it was total shite. Maybe I bought an early CD and their style had changed later to a more interesting sound.

The only one of theirs I bothered with was In Defence Of Our Earth from about 1990, decent enough.

#49 June 04, 2023, 10:43:14 AM Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 11:04:25 AM by Eoin McLove
That's actually the one I have. I'll revisit it.

Ah fuck off. A read through the booklet already has me put off it. I am expecting annoying shouty female vocals... I'm not ready. I'll give it another 15 or 20 years on the shelf I think.

They're very preachy alright, that's their whole point I suppose, and the intro is a woman giving out about the state of the planet or something. Great first track once it kicks in though. Nazi Scum is another decent track. There's one track that's just a recipe for a pie, nothing more punk than shouting 'Courgettes! Cashews! Crust!'

Didn't they get grief for being too nationalistic due to singing in Scots Gaelic at one point?? You really couldn't make this shit up.