#75 January 21, 2021, 06:31:24 PM Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 04:08:06 PM by Shane
:abbath:

The Mark Lanegan one is great, lots of good stories, kind of hilarious at times. He always toured when he was at the height of his addiction which probably saved his life, struggling to get dope in new places, and also the way he was broke at times. Staley obviously could just have it brought to his condo in Seattle and never step outside the door.

Would still reckon Al Jourgensens one is the best rock book I have read. He actually claims to have given Staley his first dose of heroin. Read Connellys from Ministry and the Cockcs too, was alright, interesting enough a life that is kinda waiting on Al to ring him for a project and then going back to being broke and normal life repeatedly.
Play the Academy July 13th

Quote from: Emphyrio on May 15, 2020, 12:54:53 PM
Started Peter Hook's New Order book last night. 30pgs in and everyone seems to be some variation of a cunt. Should be a great read.

I reluctantly finished that. I was annoyed from the start cause I had just finished something great and Hooky is full of shite from the getgo.

I read his one on the Hacienda. It was alright to a point but overlong and full of diversions into his partying lifestyle, that were just annoying. A struggle to finish, could have been at least 100 pages shorter. That said, I'd be interested in the Joy Division one.

Read all three Hook books and enjoyed them all. I read one on David Bowie called Bowie which I highly recommend. Recently read The biography on Lou Reed called Transformer which is quite good, lots of details about the Velvet underground

Gary Numans new book book (R)evolution is definitely worth the read for anyone that like his music. I think it's cool that his material got heavier album by album

Just started Oliver Stone's autobiography last night, Chasing The Light. A mate reckoned it was excellent, I've had it on the pile since it came out. Covers his first 40 years, so up to and including Platoon, should be good.