Started Peter Hook's New Order book last night. 30pgs in and everyone seems to be some variation of a cunt. Should be a great read.

Quote from: Goatlord on May 15, 2020, 12:18:40 PM
Just finished Peter Hook's Joy Division book. A great read, superb insight into the band, even prompted me to go out and buy their debut lp.
His one on new order is my next one to read actually. Loved the Joy Division and Hacienda ones. He's a funny bastard

Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 15, 2020, 10:01:46 AM
Rory Gallaghers is great too. The auld lad read it one sitting at Christmas couple of years ago.
I'll add that to the list now. I watched a documentary years ago about him which was excellent. I forget the name now, went off the rails towards the end he did.

I finished the Beastie Boys book last week. Good stuff, including a very funny story around them playing Electric Picnic.

Quote from: Necro Red on May 16, 2020, 09:23:56 AM
Rory Gallaghers is great too. The auld lad read it one sitting at Christmas couple of years ago.
I'll add that to the list now. I watched a documentary years ago about him which was excellent. I forget the name now, went off the rails towards the end he did.

The 'Everyman' veneer definitely hid a very dark side to him. It's common knowledge he had a serious drink problem, but he could also be rude, unreasonable about money and difficult to be around.

He was boo'd off the stage at his last few gigs, the last couple of years of his life were very sad. But he was magic in his pomp, he really was.

Which Rory Gallagher book? The Julian Vigonoles one or Marcus Connaughton's? I have both on my Amazon wishlist, haven't got around to buying either yet.

I started reading Mick Wall's "The Doors: Love Becomes A Funeral Pyre" a few weeks ago. Got about 60 pages in before giving up and wanting to lob it across the garden. Wall clearly doesn't like Jim Morrison or The Doors and hasn't gone to the trouble of attempting to interview any of them.

The Connaughton one. Wasn't aware of the other one.

Half way through Lemmy's one. Fairly good. Motorhead are still shite though.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 17, 2020, 03:39:14 PM

He was boo'd off the stage at his last few gigs, the last couple of years of his life were very sad.

Why was he booed off stage? Not playing well?

Quote from: StoutAndAle on May 19, 2020, 09:15:00 AM
I started reading Mick Wall's "The Doors: Love Becomes A Funeral Pyre" a few weeks ago. Got about 60 pages in before giving up and wanting to lob it across the garden. Wall clearly doesn't like Jim Morrison or The Doors and hasn't gone to the trouble of attempting to interview any of them.
I have yet to read a Mick Wall book I liked.

Quote from: Juggz on July 08, 2020, 09:54:45 AM
Quote from: StoutAndAle on May 19, 2020, 09:15:00 AM
I have yet to read a Mick Wall book I liked.
The one on Guns N Roses is decent I thought

Quote from: Necro Red on May 16, 2020, 09:23:56 AM

The 'Everyman' veneer definitely hid a very dark side to him. It's common knowledge he had a serious drink problem, but he could also be rude, unreasonable about money and difficult to be around.

He was boo'd off the stage at his last few gigs, the last couple of years of his life were very sad. But he was magic in his pomp, he really was.

Thats fasincating actually, I had no idea.
Play the Academy July 13th

Quote from: Crystal_Logic on July 08, 2020, 09:09:27 AM

He was boo'd off the stage at his last few gigs, the last couple of years of his life were very sad.

Why was he booed off stage? Not playing well?

Essentially yes, or more specifically, he was no longer capable of performing to the standard he used to. He sadly lost the plot completely near the end, and the drink claimed him at a relatively young age.

Are there no books about Venom? On a whim decided to look for one, but coming up with nothing.

Reading a Slayer one at the moment. 66 2/3 : The Jeff & Dave years. Pretty good and informative. Lombardo comes across as a bit of a dick though.