To my inexperienced ears The Astral Sleep sounds like a weird, doomy midpoint. It's still death metal, or maybe it qualifies a doom death, but heading into more experimental territory. I have to get properly stuck in to get a feel for it, but it made sense of Sadness for me. Definitely has similarities to 'Ames des Marbres', which of course you should give a listen to if you haven't.

A deeper kind of slumber is great if you are in the right mood for it .took me years to really appreciate how good it is .

Wildhoney is a classic though,I like the first five albums even though they are all completely different.

Even liked the scarred people but im unfamiliar with the albums preceding that

Bit of a funny band. I enjoyed Wildhoney back in the day but pretty much forgot about em til I came across Prey many years later. Really liked that, despite the numerous instrumental sections between songs. Investigated their catalogue last year, randomly, thinking I must have missed loads of good stuff but couldn't warm to any other stuff really.

Fired in an order for 'Sumerian Cry', 'Clouds' and 'The Astral Sleep' CDs this evening. Napalm have heaps of their stuff on CD, vinyl and cassette.