Closest thing you'll get to an objective fiftieth birthday for metal, isn't it?

Tis a beautiful, beautiful album.

Eoin's said it best about the oscillating quality that eponymous song must have had on the minds of listeners back in the day. It's a moment that catalysed music culture as a whole, I think. It's them, Kraftwerk and Beatles that laid the foundations that most of anything's come from since in pop/rock.

There's entire subgenres that seemingly just try and sound as close to Master of Reality as possible. People are mad for it on this island.

Quote from: Juggz on February 13, 2020, 07:57:06 AM

The official birth of Metal as we know it?

I am currently on a plane, waiting to take off, heading to Birmingham to see Zakk Wylde take a Zakk Wylde-sized shite on the early Sabbath catalogue. I felt the date needed to be celebrated in some way, although preferably with less pinch-harmonics.

I saw it in the viper room in LA 2/3 years ago, was actually good laugh and pretty much what you would expect.

What's also wild is they pumped out this and the three following albums within what, two years?

Quote from: Ducky on February 13, 2020, 03:45:29 PM
What's also wild is they pumped out this and the three following albums within what, two years?
Y'know the way people (morons) say Sad Wings of Destiny is the first metal album?
The s/t, paranoid, master of reality, vol 4, sabbath bloody sabbath and sabatoge all came out before it! If Master of Reality is not a metal album then there is no such thing as a fucking metal album!

Quote from: Aborted on February 13, 2020, 03:20:52 PM

I am currently on a plane, waiting to take off, heading to Birmingham to see Zakk Wylde take a Zakk Wylde-sized shite on the early Sabbath catalogue. I felt the date needed to be celebrated in some way, although preferably with less pinch-harmonics.

I saw it in the viper room in LA 2/3 years ago, was actually good laugh and pretty much what you would expect.
It was worse than I thought. Utterly tasteless with endless soloing. The whole trip was a laugh but that band are fucking shite  :laugh:

Quote from: lifeeternal on February 13, 2020, 11:38:10 PM
Quote from: Ducky on February 13, 2020, 03:45:29 PM
Y'know the way people (morons) say Sad Wings of Destiny is the first metal album?
The s/t, paranoid, master of reality, vol 4, sabbath bloody sabbath and sabatoge all came out before it! If Master of Reality is not a metal album then there is no such thing as a fucking metal album!
I've never heard that one before. It's utter tosh, of course as bands like Blue Cheer and Vanilla Fudge were releasing metal in the '60s.

Quote from: Juggz on February 14, 2020, 12:42:20 AM

It was worse than I thought. Utterly tasteless with endless soloing. The whole trip was a laugh but that band are fucking shite  :laugh:

He didn't play In This River so  :laugh:

Quote from: Wiseblood on February 14, 2020, 07:58:31 AM

I was actually calling out for that  ;D

Quote from: Wiseblood on February 14, 2020, 07:58:31 AM

Cunt played like a man getting paid by the note. Great songs, horrible execution. Bass player had never listened to Geezer in the past,  played like a hack who had the riffs shown to him by the guitarist, having never heard the originals.

The crowd loved it 😂

Oh yeah, heavy metal DJ as a support act, I'll have to go over this in person with you once I have calmed down a bit.