Quote from: mickO))) on September 16, 2019, 08:22:04 PM

Yes 2014 was the show were the vocalist was jumping off the speaker and the same night Hoest smashed a bottle over someones head.

Sorry to divert but does anyone know what the story was with that?...I wasn't standing far away from it...Hoest was some knacker to do that and then the weasel just legs it off stage.

I heard your man was antagonizing him, but nothing that warranted a bottle over the head.

The lad was pulling at the mic stand and generally being a nuisance for a while, I wouldn't feel too bad for him.

Agree that he was being a thick cunt but again probably didn't warrant a bottle over the head. Security is non existent in the Voodoo, there's been a scrap at most gigs I've been to recently there, the most ridiculous being the one at the Leprous gig, a fucking prog rock band. Venue just brings out the worst in people.

#19 September 17, 2019, 04:36:34 PM Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 04:40:15 PM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: Cryptic Stench on September 17, 2019, 01:38:55 PM
Agree that he was being a thick cunt but again probably didn't warrant a bottle over the head. Security is non existent in the Voodoo, there's been a scrap at most gigs I've been to recently there, the most ridiculous being the one at the Leprous gig, a fucking prog rock band. Venue just brings out the worst in people.

Really?That's mad.

The only time in my adult life I've ever come close to being in a scrap at a gig was in there when Inquisition played a few years back and some drunk middle aged shortarse who was possibly Australian or South African was annoying me at the bar me to the point where I came close to belting him . I remember there being some discussion about this lad on the old forum so if you were there you probably know who I'm talking about, and I've a fairly vivid memory of Peter Rees pinning him up against a wall by the throat as I was leaving. Don't think I've ever seen a scrap there otherwise but admittedly I haven't been to a gig there in over a year.

Can't say I've ever really liked Vital Remains. Definitely a band I really wanted to hear back in the day cos I'd see them on thanks lists, and was then really disappointed by when I finally heard the first album.

Yeah just off the top of my head there was proper punches thrown at one of the last Prong gigs. The band ended up breaking it up!

The only bother I've ever had in The Voodoo Lounge is short changing barstewards.
Oh, and a girl knocked a full pint out of my hand right onto the long black haired Brazilian hottie who was standing next to me. But getting drenched didn't seem to bother him too much thankfully.

Lads in the jacks are fairly annoying too.

And the pillars.

And being told their water taps aren't working but a bottle is only €2

Apparently the fella who got bottled was giving the band and Hoest in particular shit for the entire night. I guess the bottling means H won't be bringing Gorgoroth back to Dublin again.

The worst thing the Voodoo did was get rid of the pizza. It was unreal and one of the few places in Dublin at the time that sold slices. I guess the pizza was Hueys idea and was scraped once he sold the place.

Never got into later era VR but Into Cold Darkness is a hidden gem in their discography. Gets no love but it's savage. Very different band back then to be fair though.

That it is. A superb record with great atmosphere! Let us Pray is also worth a listen, in that style but a tad more plodding and has poorer production values but I've warmed to it over the years.,

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on September 17, 2019, 01:38:55 PM

He'd still be picking bits of broken glass out of his hole if he tried to do that to me.