Close to a world Below
7 (31.8%)
Unholy Cult
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Quote from: Mithrandir on March 06, 2019, 07:14:56 PM
Quote from: Smythsonian on March 05, 2019, 10:51:08 PM
Quote from: Mithrandir on March 05, 2019, 10:17:15 PM
I've only seen them in Dublin once years ago but I'm drawing a complete blank about it, Immolation were supporting so had a short enough set I remember. I think it was either Entombed or Napalm Death they supported and I've a vague memory of it snowing?? Maybe I'm completely making this up, anyone any idea of what gig I'm thinking of?

Yep. Immolation, Macabre & Napalm Death in The Village during the big freeze of 2010. The slippery trek there battling the snow and ice was worth it even if their set was short, first time seeing them and they were tight as hell.

Yesssss, that's the one, thanks.

They played Immolation that night as well. Unholy Cult for me is the best album.
Quote from: Weltenfeind on March 06, 2019, 08:33:45 PM
Quote from: Cryptic Stench on March 06, 2019, 07:07:32 PM
Anyone got pics from the Mcgonagles or Doran's shows?
Did Irish Metal Archives used to have a photo gallery?  I recall seeing pics of the Dorans gig online years ago as well as ones from Dissection and a few others

The old DME site when the company was called Emerald Promotions use to put up a photo gallery after every show but unfortunately that disappeared along with the listings of all of the previous shows they had put on when they changed to DME and moved to a new website

Quote from: Angel of Debt on March 05, 2019, 11:39:41 PM
Close to a world below was the first Immolation I heard, blown away by the drum sound and guitar tone.
It's between that and Failures for Gods, such a monster band though, consistent as fuck.

Yeah incredibly consistent band. They've a few weak albums but no duds.

Has to be Dawn of Possession for me. Love the chaotic playing on this album, especially Smilowski's drumming.