2 (9.1%)
Failure for Gods
3 (13.6%)
Close to a world Below
7 (31.8%)
Unholy Cult
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Giving one of these polls a go and may as well be with one of the most consistent Death metal bands around. Imitated by so many but none have ever quite managed match them.

Here in After gets my vote. I've always had a soft spot for it as it was the first Immo I heard, it sounds totally demented and I've yet to get tired of it. Nailed to gold is possibly the best songs they've written.

All those albums are brilliant,its almost impossible to pick,but Dawn is such an iconic album,hair stood up on my neck first time i heard it.

Went with "Failures. .." for the sake of the poll and it being one of my gateway albums for then contemporary Death Metal. 20 years old and still ripping. I actually like all their records and my favourite tends to change over time but this and "Close to a world below " are generally always top. Saw them in Eamonn Dorans around 2003 and blew my mind.

I've only seen them in Dublin once years ago but I'm drawing a complete blank about it, Immolation were supporting so had a short enough set I remember. I think it was either Entombed or Napalm Death they supported and I've a vague memory of it snowing?? Maybe I'm completely making this up, anyone any idea of what gig I'm thinking of?

#4 March 05, 2019, 10:23:34 PM Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 10:27:56 PM by Weltenfeind
 :laugh: With Marduk in the Pint?

Quote from: Weltenfeind on March 05, 2019, 10:23:34 PM
:laugh:With Marduk in the Pint?

No, it was definitely not in the pint, but now that you say it, I was at that gig as well  ???

Quote from: Mithrandir on March 05, 2019, 10:17:15 PM
I've only seen them in Dublin once years ago but I'm drawing a complete blank about it, Immolation were supporting so had a short enough set I remember. I think it was either Entombed or Napalm Death they supported and I've a vague memory of it snowing?? Maybe I'm completely making this up, anyone any idea of what gig I'm thinking of?

Yep. Immolation, Macabre & Napalm Death in The Village during the big freeze of 2010. The slippery trek there battling the snow and ice was worth it even if their set was short, first time seeing them and they were tight as hell.

Best album for me is Close to a World Below, the way the drums and riffs complement one another on it is an absolute masterclass. Forever inspired by it.

Close to a world below was the first Immolation I heard, blown away by the drum sound and guitar tone.
It's between that and Failures for Gods, such a monster band though, consistent as fuck.

So hard to pick! It's close to a world below fit me though, that one lived in my discman for about two months, couldn't get enough of it.

Saw them in Eamon Doran's just after unholy cult came out. Malevolent Creation played that night too, Immolation seemed light years ahead of them.

Dawn of Possession for me. I saw them supporting Massacre in McGonagles a long, long time ago and their sound was so different to the Floridian bands. I still like that album a lot.

Anyone got pics from the Mcgonagles or Doran's shows?

Quote from: Smythsonian on March 05, 2019, 10:51:08 PM
Quote from: Mithrandir on March 05, 2019, 10:17:15 PM

Yep. Immolation, Macabre & Napalm Death in The Village during the big freeze of 2010. The slippery trek there battling the snow and ice was worth it even if their set was short, first time seeing them and they were tight as hell.

Yesssss, that's the one, thanks.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on March 06, 2019, 07:07:32 PM
Anyone got pics from the Mcgonagles or Doran's shows?
Did Irish Metal Archives used to have a photo gallery?  I recall seeing pics of the Dorans gig online years ago as well as ones from Dissection and a few others

I took these at the 03 Dorans gig,i have more somewhere.

Here we go.