Also great to see the place that packed and for there to be so many youngsters moshing. Hopefully they start bands.

Lots of moshing and general mayhem during the Origin set....one of the only things I like about Opium is the bouncers genuinely couldn't give a fuck. You could be knocking 12 shades of shit out of someone in the pit and the only concern might be if a disco dancer slips on the blood after the gig is done.

Was there a serious increase in lads out to record the whole show on their phones or is this just another step towards my old fart years?

Quote from: TheFlyingGiraffe on April 15, 2024, 02:53:27 PMWas there a serious increase in lads out to record the whole show on their phones or is this just another step towards my old fart years?

Here is an example of a phone recording and it is shit..sounds like a fart.it is not mine i dont record at shows id prefer to take my cock out than my phone

https://youtu.be/sBoWHlG_dT8?feature=shared

Quote from: Karlwalsh on April 15, 2024, 03:33:48 PM
Quote from: TheFlyingGiraffe on April 15, 2024, 02:53:27 PMWas there a serious increase in lads out to record the whole show on their phones or is this just another step towards my old fart years?

Here is an example of a phone recording and it is shit..sounds like a fart.it is not mine i dont record at shows id prefer to take my cock out than my phone

https://youtu.be/sBoWHlG_dT8?feature=shared

That could be the lad that was standing in front of me. Same angle. Swear to god I watched nearly the whole show through the lads arms

Was even worse at Incantation cause you couldn't see shit anyway and then some dummy has his phone up. Ironically, and sadly, you could see more through the phone.

He grabbed the phone out of a dude's hand and sorta went to throw it, don't think he was going to, but it slipped anyway and that was that.

QuoteWas even worse at Incantation cause you couldn't see shit anyway and then some dummy has his phone up. Ironically, and sadly, you could see more through the phone.

Particularly bad for that show, such a shit venue for view. I don't mind people taking a quick snap or two but holding the phone up for the entire gig is beyond dopey. 

The amount of people recording the show was ridiculous. I think this was partly the reason Mortuus asked after nearly every song if this was really Dublin on a Saturday night, as the crowd were a bit dead and preoccupied holding up their phones.

Apart from that, good show!