Yeah I can't remember a year where Dublin has had so many quality gigs lined up!

Can't wait for Marduk, the last record is really good.

Is there anything on in the Foggy Dew before this?

Saw this in London last night. Band on great form, and excellent sound. Not sure if it'll be an issue tonight, but be aware Marduk played very early last night - 8.15, wrapped up about 9.30 despite an 11 curfew.

Marduk on stage 8:45 according to DME Facebook.

Times (subject to change):
Doors 6
Doodswens 6.30
Origin 7.30
Marduk 8.45

They are posted on the facebook page before every show.

Hope they play Blood of the funeral it is one of the best songs they have written in years. Be great to hear Werwolf also.

That new album is so so good. The slower tracks are very menacing.
If someone wants to get me shirt feel free as work is in the way again.

The full London set from Friday is up on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/k9JYyROgYgA?si=vYVgEkpSW2vzXaxo

Set list:
On darkened wings.
Equestrian bloodlust.
Shovel beats sceptre.
Souls for Belial.
The funeral seemed to be endless.
With Satan and victorious weapons.
Wartheland.
Blood of the funeral.
The levelling dust.
The sun has failed.
The blond beast.
Throne of rats.
Wolves.
Baptism by fire.

Missed the first band but caught Origin - band of the night for me, at least in terms of the crowd reaction, going nuts like I have never seen in Dublin. The guy in the white t shirt constantly stage diving was funny - getting himself all psyched up then gingerly lowering himself onto the crowd like an OAP 😄

Marduk were really good - no surprise to see Alan Averill up onstage, he'd get up on a gust of wind!

QuoteAverill up onstage, he'd get up on a gust of wind!

:laugh:

Looked like a great gig. Would love to have hit it but so much choice at the minute which is a great complaint

Got in late so was stuck up beside the sound desk. Very annoying that they seem to pick and choose when the balcony will be open had hoped it would be open last night. A horrible venue for so many reasons and the balcony is always the best spot in the place.

Missed Origin but no loss saw them plenty of times in Canada and the current line-up is pretty shite in my opinion both live and on record. Best time I ever saw them was the one and only time with the big singer when they played the Voodoo back in 2007.

Enjoyed Marduk. Would have been nice to get the Levelling Dust instead of being subjected to Accuser/Opposer yet again. Good setlist with a band with so many releases (I was playing all my Marduk vinyl all day yesterday 25 LPs which is crazy) you'll always have songs you want that they don't play.

Quote from: jpm4 on April 14, 2024, 10:24:32 AMMissed the first band but caught Origin - band of the night for me, at least in terms of the crowd reaction, going nuts like I have never seen in Dublin. The guy in the white t shirt constantly stage diving was funny - getting himself all psyched up then gingerly lowering himself onto the crowd like an OAP 😄

Was mad into Origin in my late teens and revisited the first 2 albums during the week. They are musically impressive and great to see Longstreth play all these years later but it's not for me anymore. The confetti cannon and all that crowd work was beyond sickening. Hate all of that shite. I did get a laugh out of the crowd surfers alright especially yer man.

Marduk were good. No frills BM. Arioch is a great frontman and I enjoyed Accuser Opposer. Surprised they didn't have a second guitar but fair play to yer man changing a string under pressure.