I'll have to be more careful  with my posts :laugh:
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

I watched this last night. Really good analysis on all major Godflesh releases. It doesn't include the new album is all. Really worth the watch if you're a neeerd

Actually, I was also thinking last night that I'd love a proper in depth detailed documentary on Godflesh. I mean, yea we all know our stuff. But it would be cool

Yeah that would be cool, hopefully it will happen. I'll give the doc above a watch tonight love that kinda thing, could watch shit like that for hours.

Quote from: Necro Red on September 30, 2026, 10:12:14 AM
I watched this last night. Really good analysis on all major Godflesh releases. It doesn't include the new album is all. Really worth the watch if you're a neeerd

Nice one! Bandcamp did a retrospective type thing on them a couple of weeks ago as well that was a decent read. It's at  https://daily.bandcamp.com/lists/godflesh-albums-list?utm_source=notification for anyone interested

Also, the synthy bits on Decay really give it that extra something when they get going. Could be guitar possibly, thinking of his Guitar and Bass Improvisations thing he had out years ago but it's lovely whatever it is

#97 October 01, 2026, 11:05:16 AM Last Edit: October 01, 2026, 11:14:37 AM by Necro Red
Quote from: astfgyl on October 01, 2026, 01:36:51 AMAlso, the synthy bits on Decay really give it that extra something when they get going. Could be guitar possibly, thinking of his Guitar and Bass Improvisations thing he had out years ago but it's lovely whatever it is
yea, for sure. I think Decay is a combination of the last two albums. It's certainly 9ne of their darkest albums. The synth bits are more prominent on Post Self I thought. But they are class. I really need a few listens of the new one to properly soak it up though. Where's a good place to pickup the new album? don't want to get shafted with import charges. I see a lot of USA sites I want to avoid

I was looking at Spindizzy during the week, around €19 for the CD inc. postage. No idea about the vinyl.

Quote from: astfgyl on October 01, 2026, 01:33:13 AMNice one! Bandcamp did a retrospective type thing on them a couple of weeks ago as well that was a decent read. It's at  https://daily.bandcamp.com/lists/godflesh-albums-list?utm_source=notification for anyone interested

Nice ...

"I no longer want to make the effort, wear the mask, and please people, as I have spent my life doing. I've become happier the more I isolate myself from interaction and from the world in general.
....
Decay, in some respects, addresses the slow end of my tolerance—and my subsequent transcendence."

Cue a 120 date world tour announcement on the horizon...  ;D

#101 October 02, 2026, 06:37:05 PM Last Edit: October 02, 2026, 07:26:17 PM by astfgyl
Just checked on Spindizzy there and it's sold out. Feck.

Same problem with the Chat Pile album, can't find it anywhere for a normal price

Edit: Got the Chat Pile one on golden discs site for 25 quid including postage, which is the best I've found but no sign of the Godflesh one yet