Respect the band for calling out this "manipulation" by Kelly with his statement. Dead right - was like him getting ahead of it in some ways. Like I said, it doesn't sound like it will end well.

"We cannot overstate the level of disgust and disappointment we feel for a man who we once called Brother"

"For the last twenty years we have lived far apart from one another and only saw Scott when meeting up to work on music or play shows"

Unless the lad was wearing an old Man City shirt, yiz never called him brother, if this shit is truth. Spas.

Yup. Especially now in light of the almost identical 2017 statement from Kelly, not only his own but also the band's statement come across as very performative.

I'd say the rest of the collective have been sitting on a version of the released statement given the timeline. I still hope all involved get the help needed particularly the family of course. As a fan I'm selfishly fucked off!

Not trying to be 'that' person, perhaps a change to the thread title.

Quote from: OpenSores on August 29, 2022, 11:22:49 PMNot trying to be 'that' person, perhaps a change to the thread title.
Scott Kelly is a cunt?

Quote from: Paul keohane on August 30, 2022, 01:17:38 AM
Quote from: OpenSores on August 29, 2022, 11:22:49 PMNot trying to be 'that' person, perhaps a change to the thread title.
Scott Kelly is a cunt?

That would work!

Have been wondering if they'll continue after this. they've had such an established line up which Scott was definitely a massive part of for so long I'm not sure they'd be willing to replace or want to continue to play shows without him.

Said way to see them go if so. Never did get a chance to see them

Nah i can't see it tbh, the interplay between his and Till's vocals was just too important.

Steve Von Till will probably be pushing on with his solo stuff which has been getting a serious push the last while, even got coverage in RTE of all places!

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0823/1160709-steve-von-till-makes-his-best-album-quite-by-accident/

At least we'll always have TSIB. Not going to read too much detail in case it gives lost prophets or Rolf Harris vibes going forward. Fair enough he's not a kiddie fiddler but it sounds pretty fuckin bad all the same.

Never seen em live either unfortunately

I could never get into this band so I don't know a lot about them. I read the statements this morning awful shit altogether but to me the Kelly statement looks as if something was or is about to come out and he is just trying to get ahead of it to ease the backlash he is going to suffer.

Saw on MA he also has a son in his mid 30's who plays in a few different bands.