Listening to this album last night and couldn't get enough of it. Cool basslines, some keys/organ thrown in at times, lyrics about rock'n'roll haircuts.

Very little heavy metal in there in fairness, it's really a 70s rock album at its core. So anything from this period or even anything more recent that sounds similar - let's hear it.

I mean you've probably heard them but I've always thought Frost and Fire sounded like a slightly more metal Rush, their mid-late 70's stuff specifically.

Maybe Brocas Helm "Defender of the Crown" or Attacker "Battle at Helms Deep".

Cheers lads. Already familiar with those bands but great recs.

Difficult one! Cirith Ungol are so unique, with Frost and Fire in particular having a sound that straddles the gap between the end of the 70's and start of the 80's. Similar to Manilla Roads first couple of releases - Invasion, Metal, Mark of the Beast, After Midnight Live, Crystal Logic etc. But like CU, MR have their own distinctive and unique sound.

Good calls on Attacker and Brocas Helm, again both bands/albums have their own distinct vibe to them.

On a more contemporary note, I find the first two Savage Master albums have somewhat of a Cirith Ungol-y flavour to them. Mainly in the guitar sound for the solos and the vocal delivery.

A lot more refined than Frost and Fire but from the same era and very much a 70s rock sound that's hard not to get drawn in by,

https://youtu.be/_rb7d_zque0

Ahhh Uriah Heep, have been on my list for years to check out properly and I never bothered. Have no excuse now!

Ashbury and early Manilla Road great shouts too.