Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 26, 2021, 01:08:37 PM
You'll never believe what I heard down at the hairdressers this morning!

:laugh: well played!

"Alestorm's Gaz and Elliott are/were pretty integral parts of the Irish metal scene back in the day"

I don't know of these guys at all. What were they involved in previously?

I wonder are the bands all busy practicing a cover of Bodycount's "Evil Dick" before releasing it with a statement? "Hey it's not our fault, and we don't care about races..."

Sorry, reading back there I realize I muddled up the names; it's Gaz and Pete (knew it was the drummer, but got the names wrong) who were in the Irish metal scene. They were both in Runecaster, Gaz did a stint in Waylander, and I think Pete may have played on one of the For Ruin releases. I've not a bad word to say about either of them specifically, was actually pretty good mates with Gaz back in the day. I even remember him telling me when he got invited to join Alestorm, who were already two albums in then. He'd stayed with us a couple of nights just before it, when Era V. were in our London days, and he was half scarlet over the idea of playing for them, but just as much up for getting the chance to run the world-tour rockstar gauntlet.

Ah thanks for the info, hadn't a clue of the names (or recent bands!). You're right, on checking Pete drummed on the Ater Angelus album (I thought you were getting mixed up with the other Pete on bass!).

#18 August 27, 2021, 03:43:13 PM Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 03:48:43 PM by ResidentOfBok
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 27, 2021, 01:44:44 PM
just as much up for getting the chance to run the world-tour rockstar gauntlet.

And  they've been very successful since. I mean, it's essentially joke metal, but it's been gobbled up as a fun time band at a bazillion festivals since he joined, so I'm sure he's perfectly happy with how its turned out. It and Gloryhammer cater perfectly to the drunken, nineteen year festival attendee, up for a good time and who doesn't give a flying fuck about "serious" metal and just wants a singalong.

So, not to be cynical, but bearing that fanbase in mind, and the fact the screenshots, although containing some nasty racial slurs and cuntish sentiments, are delivered using pseudonyms and could be envisaged as being shitty attempts at humour, they'll probably get away with it. They genuinely shift units and pack out gigs, so I'm sure some label will find it in their heart to forgive them.

Also, hard to keep track of who said what in this, but the aforementioned Gaz and Pete don't seem to be directly implicated from what I can see - just to underline that.

Quote from: Snare on August 27, 2021, 03:36:02 PM
Pete drummed on the Ater Angelus album.

Correct! ... and a finer gentleman you will never meet.

Quote from: ResidentOfBok on August 27, 2021, 03:43:13 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 27, 2021, 01:44:44 PM
just as much up for getting the chance to run the world-tour rockstar gauntlet.

And  they've been very successful since. I mean, it's essentially joke metal, but it's been gobbled up as a fun time band at a bazillion festivals since he joined, so I'm sure he's perfectly happy with how its turned out. It and Gloryhammer cater perfectly to the drunken, nineteen year festival attendee, up for a good time and who doesn't give a flying fuck about "serious" metal and just wants a singalong.

So, not to be cynical, but bearing that fanbase in mind, and the fact the screenshots, although containing some nasty racial slurs and cuntish sentiments, are delivered using pseudonyms and could be envisaged as being shitty attempts at humour, they'll probably get away with it. They genuinely shift units and pack out gigs, so I'm sure some label will find it in their heart to forgive them.

Also, hard to keep track of who said what in this, but the aforementioned Gaz and Pete don't seem to be directly implicated from what I can see - just to underline that.

Perhaps fans might not be a problem  to the bands in question. The problem could be the label and different promoters.

#21 August 27, 2021, 06:17:48 PM Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 06:19:23 PM by Mooncat

Quite possible there was a conscious decision not to post the news here, among us busy-bodies, but I see Gloryhammer are booked for UK & Ireland shows in December. I guess the minority of their young male and female friends who made a lot of noise about the situation were, as usual, just a minority, and most - think of that what we may - won't care.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 06, 2021, 03:28:50 PM
Quite possible there was a conscious decision not to post the news here, among us busy-bodies, but I see Gloryhammer are booked for UK & Ireland shows in December. I guess the minority of their young male and female friends who made a lot of noise about the situation were, as usual, just a minority, and most - think of that what we may - won't care.

It's in the gig forum for months - you even had a laugh at the Greggs sponsorship.   :laugh:

Ha, oh yeah! Not surprising I thought I'd never heard the name Gloryhammer before, since I didn't even remember that Greggs thing. DME gave it a push on FB a couple of days ago.