That's great thanks.
Another trip to discogs so.

Night's Scarlet Symphonies is very good. I must give the EP a listen.

I kind of forgot about Mooncitadel over the past year or two. The album didn't grip me as much as the earlier stuff when it came out. It was a bit more polished and sophisticated sounding which I didn't want from them. I liked a couple of songs but kind of let it fall away from me. I stuck it on here yesterday for the first time in ages and it's beginning to really get under my skin after a couple of consecutive listens. The 6th song is truly epic- it's reminiscent of Macabre Omen in fact. I never picked up on that before. I'll have to grab the follow up EP off the shelf next for more quality time.

I had it on in the car the other day.
It still love it. The intro to the first track feels and sounds massive. It is polished but I didn't mind that.
It's very bright sounding.

Yup. It's hitting the mark more now. I liked it when I got it but I just let it gather dust over time so it's good to revisit it with fresh ears.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 26, 2023, 09:56:30 PMI kind of forgot about Mooncitadel over the past year or two. The album didn't grip me as much as the earlier stuff when it came out. It was a bit more polished and sophisticated sounding which I didn't want from them. I liked a couple of songs but kind of let it fall away from me. I stuck it on here yesterday for the first time in ages and it's beginning to really get under my skin after a couple of consecutive listens. The 6th song is truly epic- it's reminiscent of Macabre Omen in fact. I never picked up on that before. I'll have to grab the follow up EP off the shelf next for more quality time.

How you described the album was my impression of it at the time, I didn't sit with it for much time really. The MO shout definitely piqued my interest, I'll revisit for sure.

I think the MLP that out of the dungeon released a year or two ago is far better than the full length. The Empire of Tharaphita discography comp was also released recently that is all pre Mooncitadel material.

I have both. I haven't spent enough time with the EP but the EoT comp was cool. Another one to revisit.