Listened to Embers, get why they did it but completely pointless for anyone that grew up with the original.

Anyone that thinks this is an improvement or is under the illusion that it possesses any meaningful lasting listening value needs a head examination.

True Belief released today:

https://youtu.be/xtBfLJdikV4?si=NHHj3R7do0_Sbbl9

This definitely won't be bothered with, it all sounds so flat and lifeless compared to the original. I get that they wanted to mark the anniversary and all that, but a live version would have been a better idea IMO. It worked well enough for Draconian Times.

Utterly pointless. The version of Widow was OK but these last 2 are just not as good by a long way.

Quote from: Carnage on November 03, 2023, 05:00:15 PMListeming to that now, the vocals sound more or less the same to me. Same problem with this as with Widow, the drums sound... wrong. Like an electric or practice kit, the snare's terrible. Flat or something. Plus yer man is doing a Lars on it, needless and out of place fills everywhere, just distracts from the actual song.

Anyway, that's enough of that, I'l stick with the original.

The drummer was very good live to be fair to him. Haven't listened to anything other than the first one out from this yet so can't judge him on the redo

I had no expectations, I said (wrote) I wouldn't but I listened to Embers Fire. Man, wow, not good..... drumming just, nah, no way.

Stop lads!

This is terrible!

OK here's something that might have been missed

You can't get a new drummer that can actually play and then expect the cunt to play like Tuds

Edit: the drums do sound odd in the mix but the playing can't be Tuds

Astfgyl I get you, but I dunno, sounds out of time to me or something.

The quality just ain't there, the songs are strangled. Sounds like some hack mixing job. Its just a pity (the sadness  :abbath: ).
The original is sonically brilliant this is not!

Disappointing.

Quote from: astfgyl on November 30, 2023, 12:35:36 AMOK here's something that might have been missed

You can't get a new drummer that can actually play and then expect the cunt to play like Tuds

Edit: the drums do sound odd in the mix but the playing can't be Tuds

I remember someone on the old forum commenting that Tuds Archers phone even rang out of time... he was undoubtedly the weak link back in the day. Despite loving Shades Of God, he's woeful on it.

Quote from: KingHostile on November 30, 2023, 03:02:15 PMAstfgyl I get you, but I dunno, sounds out of time to me or something.

The quality just ain't there, the songs are strangled. Sounds like some hack mixing job. Its just a pity (the sadness  :abbath: ).
The original is sonically brilliant this is not!

Disappointing.

I only had it on the phone speakers and it sounded weirdly compressed on the drums or something. They're also really loud compared to everything else. I don't think the album needed redoing at all but seeing the reason for it I get why they did. I'll have to give it a go on speakers and see how bad it is

Quote from: Carnage on November 29, 2023, 06:31:14 PMTrue Belief released today:

https://youtu.be/xtBfLJdikV4?si=NHHj3R7do0_Sbbl9

This definitely won't be bothered with, it all sounds so flat and lifeless compared to the original. I get that they wanted to mark the anniversary and all that, but a live version would have been a better idea IMO. It worked well enough for Draconian Times.

The one thing positive thing I will say about True Belief is he fixed the out of key vocal in the first verse. That always bugged me in the original.

Apart from that, it's missing the vibe of the original unfortunately.