Quote from: Anvil on October 12, 2024, 12:43:09 PMI've never listened to a second of Mastodon in my life.  Just assumed they were overhyped and never bothered. 

First four are classics. 'Remission' (the debut) is heavy as fuck. Brann Dailor is an animal of a drummer (he played on Today is the Day's 'In The Eyes of God')

Quote from: Anvil on October 12, 2024, 12:43:09 PMI've never listened to a second of Mastodon in my life.  Just assumed they were overhyped and never bothered. 

And I suppose you think it's just a coincidence that 'Megaton Sword rock' is an anagram of 'Mastodon crew grok', eh?

Insert gif of Keanu Reeves saying 'woah' here.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 12, 2024, 06:53:24 PM

And I suppose you think it's just a coincidence that 'Megaton Sword rock' is an anagram of 'Mastodon crew grok', eh?

Mind blown  :o  :o  :o

That instrumental version of Crack the Sky was tacked in to a special edition of the album when it was originally released. I bought it as a digital download at the time and it's a interesting listen alright but I wouldn't go back to it often. The original album is deadly though and where I dropped off with them

I listen to a lot of instrumental music when reading, etc., so I not only come back to that version of Crack the Skye often but would even like more of their albums to be available as instrumentals.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 13, 2024, 09:16:26 AMI listen to a lot of instrumental music when reading, etc., so I not only come back to that version of Crack the Skye often but would even like more of their albums to be available as instrumentals.
Have you heard the Medium Rarities compilation? There's five or six instrumental versions of their songs on that

Yeah, I know those ones too. There's some like-minded folk have made YT playlists of all their instrumentals.

I kinda admire Tool for it - they know that their hardcore fanbase are complete and utter simpletons (the Tool subreddit will no doubt become some behavioural psychologist's PhD thesis), so why the fuck not exploit these dinguses.

Quote from: Ducky on October 16, 2024, 10:48:25 AMI kinda admire Tool for it - they know that their hardcore fanbase are complete and utter simpletons (the Tool subreddit will no doubt become some behavioural psychologist's PhD thesis), so why the fuck not exploit these dinguses.

Yeah that's exactly how I see it as well. The stupid fuckers that do it definitely deserve it

I might have mentioned it before and... OK, they're not a metal band as such but the best bass drum sound there is is on Fugazi's Repeater.